NASA says oceans are warming

MLD

spanner:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4719695.stm

...why am I not surprised......

This was on the radio scotland news last night too. They were also saying that the puffins seemed to be trying to feed their young on pipefish (apparently a poor diet) due to the lack of sandeels. I seem to remember a few posts on AN from people reporting large numbers of pipefish. Bob in Orkney or maybe Gillies?

Shetlands seabirds are apparently having another bad year too: So thats colonies crashing, due to starvation, from Hermaness, Shetland, in the very north, to way out west at St Kilda

[ 28. July 2005, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Jaffa ]

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Tiddler, I'm totally out of touch with the fishing up there, I am coming up at the end of August for my half century celebrations and will be doing some fly fishing, but wil be relying on Frantics expertise and local advice.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Tiddler, I'm totally out of touch with the fishing up there, I am coming up at the end of August for my half century celebrations and will be doing some fly fishing, but will be relying on Frantics expertise and local advice.

[ 28. July 2005, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.