Bix Six TV Program

Tommy

Have any of you got access to BBC2 Northern Ireland?

Last night at 8pm their new series Big Six was broadcast. It features Daryl Grimason, he of Coast to Coast fame setting out to catch 6 fish of a lifetime, namely skate, conger, tuna, blue shark, ferrox trout and a 20lb plus pike, all in or around the coast of Ireland.

Last night he was fishing for skate of the North Coast of Antrim and in Mayo in the company of Mary Gavin Hughes. A truly fantastic program where he caught male skate to 100lb plus and females to approximately 200lb. All of the skate caught were tagged and released by the skippers. The largest fish took 1 hour and 40 minutes to land. It certainly made me jealous watching it.

It's good to see that there are new, quality angling programs being made. Next Monday I think he is going after the tuna - can't wait.

Mary emailed me to tell me the programme was airing.

Fortunately, BBC NI is available on Sky.

The programme was fantastic, especially the double hook-up, I look forward to the rest of the series.

I,m sure Mary won,t live down the pathetic attempt at dancing. :D:D

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "