fishing marlow

barney66

sorry i don't know Marlow but i bet there is some big perch around there it might be good to just drop a lob worm into likely looking places.

yes their would be but the biggest perch i have seen caught was on the thames at pagbroune they were huge are there big fish were you live

yes their would be but the biggest perch i have seen caught was on the thames at pagbroune they were huge are there big fish were you live

No you must be mistaken there are no big Perch at Pangbourne ;) ,There are big perch the whole length of the Thames just seems some areas have more than most.

The RDAA bit at Mapledurham has given me some big stripeys worth a look Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

barney again has anyone fish marlow around by the lock i have had a look at it but never try it it looks very intresting so if any one has any info on it i would be grateful like how deep and what fish they have caught their

Hi Barney

My lad Dan fishes there on quite a regular basis, the water level drops and rises quite a lot depending on floods etc, on average it is about 6 ft with an undertow from the lock. Just recently it has not been fishing well, probably due to our foreign friends with spinners on nearly every swim. I have noticed that perticular area is very easily spooked

Last winter we had some nice Chub on free lined meat, bread flake is also good all just as evening set in.

Dont leave anything valuable in your motor if fishing at night.

Hope this helps

Gary

Hi Barney

My lad Dan fishes there on quite a regular basis, the water level drops and rises quite a lot depending on floods etc, on average it is about 6 ft with an undertow from the lock. Just recently it has not been fishing well, probably due to our foreign friends with spinners on nearly every swim. I have noticed that perticular area is very easily spooked

Last winter we had some nice Chub on free lined meat, bread flake is also good all just as evening set in.

Dont leave anything valuable in your motor if fishing at night.

Hope this helps

Gary

thanks for that have you had any other fish there like bream barbel because i saw some ground bait bags when i was walking there also have you caught roach while fishing with bread

The Bream and Barbel are a little further down, Marlow angling club own quite a large stretch past the rugby club.

I dont think we have ever had a good quality roach there, mostly up to 1/2 pound mark, but I guess it's all on the day.

Best bream was 8lb.10 past the motorway bridge.

Hope this helps

Gaz

The Bream and Barbel are a little further down, Marlow angling club own quite a large stretch past the rugby club.

I dont think we have ever had a good quality roach there, mostly up to 1/2 pound mark, but I guess it's all on the day.

Best bream was 8lb.10 past the motorway bridge.

Hope this helps

Gaz

thanks for the info gaz do you do alot of fishing on the thames i do i lot around sonning and shiplake ,child beale

barney66 the best Bream swims used to be opposite the Stone Lions near the riverside entrance to Child Beale ,When boat fishing the far side for chub in the summer evenings we often see loads of bream rolling in the evening.

The fish finder often goes into melt down when we run over the shoal ,There are some big Perch on the free meadows section at Pangbourne but the local young chav population can be a problem in the summer,lots of bivvys on this bit after the Carp seen some right lumps in and around the weir pools whilst boat fishing but they are a bit nomadic and not easy to track down.

The areas that you fish at Sonning/Shiplake are known Barbel areas and the only place that i have managed to get any but they are in the rest of the river just not in such great numbers.

The firemans strech at goring has some good mixed fishing and the ticket is only £15 or something like that day tickets to on the bank good perch fishing here to hope this helps steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: