Some reels and rods for sale

Vidar6

Here is the opportunity to buy some quality reels and rods to a great price before they go up on eBay :):)

Daiwa Millionaire CV-Z 253LA reel

I have never used Daiwa Millionaire CV-Z 263LA (left hand wind), filled with 80Ib Power pro, for sale. This is one of my spare reels and besides filling it with braid, and a couple of casts to make sure it were in fully working order, the reel has never been used.

The Daiwa Millionaire CV-Z 263LA is the predecessor to the current Daiwa Luna and are simply one of the best, and most solid round baitcasting reels ever made. The CV-Z has almost identical specifications to the Luna with the main exceptions being a different handle design and the CV-Z’s internal adjustment of the magnetic braking system.

Daiwa Luna baitcasting reel

I’m looking for £105, including shipping to anywhere on the UK mainland.

ABU 6500 Syncro reel

I have for sale one of my spare ABU reels, a 6500 Syncro (right hand wind), which again has never been used.

I’m looking for £55, including shipping to anywhere on the UK mainland.

Young John Wilson Heritage centre pin reel

This reel has been used, but is extremely well cared for and consequently in excellent condition.

I’m looking for £125, including shipping to anywhere on the UK mainland.

TFG The Brawler baitcasting rod

This is a virtually unused (only used 1 time) 7 feet / 2-piece construction rod that is rated for casting weights between 40 – 100 grams. Being a 2-piece rod I purchased the rod for travel/easy transport purposes, but as it has only been used once it does not make sense to keep it.

I’m looking for £35, including shipping to anywhere on the UK mainland.

Cheers

Vidar

Edited by Vidar6

Young John Wilson Heritage centre pin reel

This reel has been used, but is extremely well cared for and consequently in excellent condition.

I’m looking for £125, including shipping to anywhere on the UK mainland.

Cheers

Vidar

Hi Vidar6!

As a new member here at anglersnet (Great site!) it seems like I can't send PMs. Anyway, is this reel sold? Would you consider shipping it to Norway?

You could e-mail me at "post [at] permagnar dot net" :)

Regards,

Per M,

Norway.

• 3 weeks later...

You need to make 15 posts before PM works - either way.

If you wish, I could give him your email address.

I'll PM him with a link to this topic. No idea if any of the gear is still available.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

What is a 'syncro' designed for? I'm so confused by all the Abu models!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Syncro drag control - turn the handle backwards a quarter turn to lower the drag to around 75% of where you had it set. Wind forward and it automatically goes back to the full original setting.

It allows drag adjustment without taking your hand off the handle.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Cheers, Newt. Is this classed as a 'casting' reel? Any idea what brakes it has?

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Its got centrifugal brake blocks like a standard (non magnetic) ABU Elton.Its just the drag thats different. My mate used a couple for beach fishing ok.If I remember correctly it has the standard spool arrangement as well which runs on ball races not bushes.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

You need to make 15 posts before PM works - either way.

If you wish, I could give him your email address.

I'll PM him with a link to this topic. No idea if any of the gear is still available.

Thanks, Newt!

What is a 'syncro' designed for? I'm so confused by all the Abu models!

I've used the syncro reels a bit, both in 6500 and 7000. I would not recommend them as casting reels, but they are great for trolling. They've got centrifugal (mechanic) brakes.

I know that a lot of salmon fishers use them here in Norway. The ability to reduce brake power with 75% could really save your day in critical situations. It's a great feature!

(my apologizes for the "norwegian-english" spelling)

Cheers, guys.