HI THERE

MAZOBARB

Hi i am Steve (mazobarb) I live in essex but most of my river fishing is done outside of essex.

I fish for Barbel & Chub most of the time on the Rivers Lea,Kennet ,Avon,Thames and the SevenBut have been trying a couple of sections of the river Suffolk Stour has they are in there i have just got to find them. I am always looking to try new venues will be looking at the coppermill stream in north london next season next to the water works also the river Leas Carthageina weir on the season ticket.

I also fish for Carp and Tench in the spring & earley summer .

Would look forward to hear from like minded anglers in this area i normaly fish with my brother or mates.

Mazo :

Hi Steve .. and welcome to AnglersNet ! :D

Have a pop onto the "Coarse Fishing" forum. I'm sure that there are lots of guys that live down your way.

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Welcome to AnglersNet. Always nice to have another river angler.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi i am Steve (mazobarb) I live in essex but most of my river fishing is done outside of essex.

I fish for Barbel & Chub most of the time on the Rivers Lea,Kennet ,Avon,Thames and the SevenBut have been trying a couple of sections of the river Suffolk Stour has they are in there i have just got to find them. I am always looking to try new venues will be looking at the coppermill stream in north london next season next to the water works also the river Leas Carthageina weir on the season ticket.

I also fish for Carp and Tench in the spring & earley summer .

Would look forward to hear from like minded anglers in this area i normaly fish with my brother or mates.

Mazo :

Thanks very much

My local rivers have mostly been turned into lakes by hydroelectric dams. River above the first dam and below the last one but nothing close to me and since the populations are the same and I can find the lakes with current when they are moving water through, I pretty much only do lakes these days.

If I move house to an area where the rivers are still rivers I'll get back to it but even then, the fish are the same as in area lakes with only a couple of exceptions - alligator gar being one.

I enjoy rivers though since it is usually easier to locate fish if you know how they prefer to relate to current and structure and a lifetime of living in current does tend to make them better fighters.

Here is a topic that may give you an idea of river fishing on this side of the pond.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Capital...&hl=Potomac

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President