Feeder Fishing

Elton

Posted on behalf of Niall. Please add all replies to this thread:

now its getting to winter time i'm fishing the rivers and i was just wondering when i'm using a method feedershould i use a short rig or a longer rig as i'm a carp fisherman so i don't really know what to do for barbel

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

My question is why are you using a method feeder to fish for river barbel in winter?

Personally i would use pellet on the hook with about six pellets attatched in a pva stocking and a 2-3oz lead. i wouldnt want that much bait going in and i doubt the effectiveness of a method feeder in a relatively fast moving water anyway.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Forget how long the rig should be I would review your approach to river fishing especially barbel, not the same as fishing for carp in a pond.

Suggest you save the method feeder for the commercials, no good whatsoever for the proper stuff ;) Not just a case of sitting behind the buzzers and hauling thankfully....I am sure some help can be given however, just need to take off the carp head.

Soooo next question?

Posted on behalf of Niall. Please add all replies to this thread:

you don,t say what river you are fishing and how busey it gets what i do is walk the river asking what fish are being caught and with what bait what i do is use a dropper to put hemp then fish with the hook bait of my choice hope this helps