Bass rod - Which one??

Norfolkdan

I'm looking for a nice bass rod with a casting weight of 2-4oz, that's suitable for use with mulitplier reels for around 40 quid.

Anyone got any idea's? It's wanted for shore use by the way, not boat

:)

[ 17. May 2005, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Norfolkdan ]

Dan

Look at my post on the Mustad Viking lite 116, it is available for around £68 on the web maybe even cheaper.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Tony U:

Look at my post on the Mustad Viking lite 116, it is available for around £68 on the web maybe even cheaper.

:cool: Or the Mustad Sport or the Shakespeare bass, there are loads of 'BASS RODS' out there, try a carp rod, a bass rod by any other name. :D

Norm

It must be said the Mustad Viking is definitely not a Carp rod hybrid.

It has a rolled in glass tip which gives it excellent quiver tip like bite detection, which you would not find on a Carp rod. It does give it a weird feel but it's OK wheb you get used to it.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Tony U:

Norm

It must be said the Mustad Viking is definitely not a Carp rod hybrid.

It has a rolled in glass tip which gives it excellent quiver tip like bite detection, which you would not find on a Carp rod. It does give it a weird feel but it's OK wheb you get used to it.

:cool: Absolutly correct. What I meant was there are loads of carp rods out there, just change the sticker and, LO! they become bass rods. My favourite Bass/Mullet rod is a 30 year old Daiwa 2.5lb TC carp rod with a screw tip end eye. I've even caught Dorado of 27lb on it with a F/S reel and 10lb line. :D

your right norm, there is loads of rods out there that can do the same job like carp rods etc, a 3lb test curve one would cope with most of the jobs that a supposidly named bass rod would do, often a lot cheaper.......

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Norm B:

My favourite Bass/Mullet rod is a 30 year old Daiwa 2.5lb TC carp rod with a screw tip end eye. I've even caught Dorado of 27lb on it with a F/S reel and 10lb line. :D

Norm that must have been fun they pull a bit even on 50lb class gear.

My biggest was a 40lb fish taken last year in Cuba on the heavy gear and it was one hell of a fight.

Tony