New 2 Kayaking

stevestone

]

Hi there basically me and my mate Andy who live down Nr Liskeard in sunny cornwall have bought ourselves kayaks 13` prowlers to be exact. We obviously need to suss out the basics and then we are looking to do some fishing off the south coast here. We are both experienced sailors but certainly new to kayaking. Basically im looking for some advise on starting out ? Gear to buy I.e Telescopic rod or fixed ? Reels ? Any additional kit?

Also any good launching places from Looe to Falmouth/Fowey area ??

Any good advise appreciated.

Must admit have been really impressed with some of the pictures on here so far ..

Thanks steve :D

Hi mate im very jealous of your location once you get going your going to clean up!!! I worked down in Cornwall for 2 years and Devon for 2 years its awesome fishing. Lived in St-Mawes and caught a lot of Bass there. Got A mate who lives in Falmouth and he caught a lot of Bass and guilt head bream in Falmouth bay from a yak this summer. If I was you use two peice rods not telescopic, telescopic will rust quickly because of the extra contact with the sea. :) good luck

I like the 'extra contact with the sea'.

He means being flipped over with all your gear while beaching usually! Water draining out of your reels etc. I only buy cheap kit, rods can get broken, etc.

I'm also jealous of your location, and hope you get lots of dunkings! ;)

I like the 'extra contact with the sea'.

He means being flipped over with all your gear while beaching usually! Water draining out of your reels etc. I only buy cheap kit, rods can get broken, etc.

I'm also jealous of your location, and hope you get lots of dunkings! ;)

Cheers fellas 4 your advise. Yeh I guess I am lucky being down here, moved with job begin of this year !!!!!!

Looking forward to dunkings no doubt , although my mate seems to spend more time in the water than me at the moment !!

With regards to fishing gear I reckon thats good advise in not spending a fortune for sure !!!

Looking forward to catching that first Bass . Anyone know any good recipes ?

cheers :clap2:

Got to catch emmm first matey B) , I like my fish very simple filleted and pan fried or baked whole stuffed with whatever you want and wrapped in foil,chuck it on the bbq or in the oven, or steamed, bass is a very versitile fish. good luck with your fishing