Harbour Mullet

Iank

Iank:

Does anyone know where I might be able to catch a harbour mullet?  I'd like to know the nearest place to Bridlington on the east coast.

Many Thanks.

Sorry Ian, I don't know that part of the world well. The east coast isn't famous for its mullet fishing, but I know that there are spots where you are in with a chance (not until summer though!).

Any time that you are down in Kent though, get in touch :)

Tight Lines - leon

Mullet FAQs:

http://www.anglers-net.co.uk/authors/leon22.htm

Medway Mullet Group

http://www.anglers-net.co.uk/medway

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest sslatter

Iank:

Does anyone know where I might be able to catch a harbour mullet?  I'd like to know the nearest place to Bridlington on the east coast.

Many Thanks.

I don't know the area either, but if I were there I'd definitely investigate the river estuary on the south of the Holderness peninsular, and Hull itself. Wouldn't expect much before June, though.

no mullet up the humber too dirty

just eels and small flounder

i have heard reports of mullet feeding on the inside of spurn mudd flats but as i say never heard of any one fishing for them

personally i would forget it...

if its harbour fishing you want go to bridlington

with VERY light tackle (ie coarse match rods 3lb line etc) u will have good fun with small coalies up to 1lb or so

best off targeting the bass on the beaches

around withernsea down to spurn

macky

(hull)