Daiwa TDXB 2050 - opinions

Guest NickInTheNorth

Socksy Squirrel:

Oh dear, I think I have one of the old ones.

I got it at a nice discount as it had been sitting in the shop for a while, sort of a Christmas present to myself.

If I remember correctly it has TDXB2050 and Amorphous Whisker on the barrel.

I have not had a chance to try it out yet :(

:cool: I think the TDXB replaced the Amorphous Whisker because Daiwa couldn't get any more of the material that made the Amorphous Whisker rods, well, that's the story I heard. If it's the Amorphous Whisker hang on to it, they're great rods, I've got 3 of them. I've also got a TDXB 12/30 and I love it for every thing from black bream to smoothhounds and tope. Pricey but you get what you pay for. Just waiting for the reel seat to seize up, the rings to rust through and the top 12 inches to snap off, then I'll have a "proper" rod to go with my chinese reel. :D

[ 22. February 2005, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Norm B ]

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Norm B:

[ I think the TDXB replaced the Amorphous Whisker because Daiwa couldn't get any more of the material that made the Amorphous Whisker rods

Didn't Diawa give up the licence on the Amorphous Whisker concept?

Can't imagine why - lost count of the number of times people have waved cash at me for my Amorphous Whisker Uptide - best uptider around in my book!

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

KennyC:

What I heard was that the cost of the material became too expensive for them to use.

:cool: That's what I heard. Because NASA stopped using it it couldn't be obtained in enough quanity so it became too expensive for Daiwa on their own to buy. Could be a red herring though. :D