Need some runs!!!!!

Polly

Common 40:

you need to fish the middle pond of the three i think its called scotland pond its the one with the car park and cafe after the match lake...

catch on floaters all day long this weather best swim is opposite peg 30 fishing between the 2nd two islands a real runs water i think its still £6 for two rods in the day and £15 for 24 hours

http://freespace.virgin.net/r.spencer/Venu...castleashby.htm

My mate rang the fishery and was told by manager's wife that night fishing was only allowed if you are a syndicate member?????????????????????? but he did say she sounded a tad vague, can you throw any light on this, has she got it wrong do you know??????

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its stated in the rules m8 that you have to be a member to fish nights she is right but....

I fished several nights last year and was not a member, if you ask to speak to mike or brett his son he will let you if not packed with bivvys, sorry about that m8 i did not mention it, allthough if you just fish dawn till dusk you are garuanteed lots of runs...also there is grendon lakes about 3 mile further into the village that will allow night fishing allthough its not as easy as castle...

Common 40:

its stated in the rules m8 that you have to be a member to fish nights she is right but....

I fished several nights last year and was not a member, if you ask to speak to mike or brett his son he will let you if not packed with bivvys, sorry about that m8 i did not mention it, allthough if you just fish dawn till dusk you are garuanteed lots of runs...also there is grendon lakes about 3 mile further into the village that will allow night fishing allthough its not as easy as castle...

I'll try and have a word then. We're planning to go on a Monday/Tuesday, is it normally busy (Bivvy City) on mid-week days????

Common 40:

definately not m8

Assume it'll be "suck it and see" then, sorta turn up and hope there aren't too many others doing likewise. Be a tad "p!553d off if he says no though. Any milage in ringing first do you think??? would he give some sort of gentleman's agreement to let us do an overnighter? It's just bit of a gamble and there are other places we could head for.

Well to be honest I would ring him and make sure first, I hope his attitude hasn't changed since last year as I had no problem but I was staying close by at billing aquadrome and visiting the place regularly, so he may have done me a favour, I was also field testing there...it would be a great shame if he wont let you do an overnighter m8 because its a cracking runs water

you could always try taswood lakes just outside norwich. heron lake is prob your best bet there! carp up to thirty pound, loadsa twentys and not too hard to catch. fish tight to the lillies without baitrunners on.good quality frozen boilies end sweetcorn etc etc all work.

carpcatcha:

you could always try taswood lakes just outside norwich. heron lake is prob your best bet there! carp up to thirty pound, loadsa twentys and not too hard to catch. fish tight to the lillies without baitrunners on.good quality frozen boilies end sweetcorn etc etc all work.

Worth a look, do you have contact details?

Common 40:

Well to be honest I would ring him and make sure first, I hope his attitude hasn't changed since last year as I had no problem but I was staying close by at billing aquadrome and visiting the place regularly, so he may have done me a favour, I was also field testing there...it would be a great shame if he wont let you do an overnighter m8 because its a cracking runs water

I'll give him a buzz. Could always kip in the car during darkness and fish on TWO day tickets

quote:

[/qb]

I'll give him a buzz. Could always kip in the car during darkness and fish on TWO day tickets [/QB]

good idea matey because you will have a shed full during the day anyway, get a well deserved rest at night :)