13 -15' Prologic Power Match rod

bubbles

I use a 13ft Drennan Tench float rod (see pic below) for trotting for Chub and Barbel on my local stream.

It is designed for lines (and Braids) from around 3lb up to 8lb although I usually use 6lb line with it.

FourthBarbel2_9lb3oz.jpg

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Wanted to know wether or not that they would be good for trotting and they have the added bonus of being 13' or 15' but can they handle heavy lines and heavier fish ??

It should be fine, depends on what you are trotting for, if chub and barbel use 6lb line, anything else say 3lb. The action on any match rod should be soft enough to cushion any lunges a big fish will make, point is there is a load of rubbish out there when what rods to use for certain fish etc, a 13' match rod will cover most needs. But not for casting a 5oz lead into a flooded river mind. :doh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The site below will almost definitely have the above mentioned rods in stock right now (they are pictured on the site) & also may still have the 13 foot specimen rods which I have, Serial Number 14502.. (Mentioned + Link on page 1 by myself) A Proper 13 foot, 5 - 8 lb line rating with NO dolly section. Very well finished with single leg rings & a nice hinged hook keeper whipped on near the butt end.

The ones in the page 1 Link are 4 - 7 lb line rating but from Angling Direct,(& sold out) so not quite the same as mine but like to bet the site below still has mine in stock!! - not advertised, but very likely they'll have one or 2 still in same as mine.

(Mine perform great with 3 lb hook length also)

The shop, Outwood, Wakefield branch is a mere 5 min' or so bus ride from me & I use them on a very regular basis.

You will certainly also get the soft rod bag along with the the hard, zip top case. (I did when I bought mine from the shop - but won't harm to mention it in case it's different online?? - they should, as they supply from the shop - not a warehouse)

They also do FREE shipping on orders over £50.

Browse their site & enjoy.

You can trust these people - really, very friendly, helpful & knowledeable I've been on very good terms with the owner of all 3 shops for years, Phil - Marcus's Dad.

I knew Phil's Dad as well - Bob who is no longer with us, He just had the one shop in Leeds (Kirkgate Anglers) back in his day.

Ask for Gordon, Mal or Marcus. 01924 - 835443

They all know me by name.

(I must be spending too much with them - but don't tell the wife that lol)

Here's the Link :-

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiPvqPK-P7QAhXBOlAKHdoRB5EQFggbMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftackle2u.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNEhZjw3uC1Qd1wkReD2zbRSM-mTyw&sig2=TpCdYqlo5rJyYvLVXL4R3Q

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Latest re above - I emailed Marcus at the Outwood Tackle2u re the case, They've now altered the image as the case only applies to the Travel version.

However, he'd be willing to supply it in a protective plastic tube.

Marcus at Tackle2U said when I emailed him the other day on this, that the older models all (Travel & full rods) used to come with a hard zip topped case.

To his credit, he has now altered the image and the specification text to reflect the latest "what to expect thing".

Could be that Youngs have found an odd hard case in their stock & are letting you have it??