Martin Salter and Mark Lloyd fail to deliver again

andy_youngs

Quite comical, in a strange sort of way - the 'species' they introduced (mostly Scots and Irish) didn't want to go there either, but I'll bet their descendants are glad they did.

Keeping with the comical thyme ...............

'Following the PIP implant problem the government are going to remove thousands of useless tits, could that mean the days of the Angling Trust are numbered? :P

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you don't object to all irresponsible introductions of species which are not native to an area?

yes, I do. That inculdes atlantic salmon to New Zealand and South America, trout to Africa, India, South and North America, Australia, the Falklands, nile perch into Lake Victoria and barbel into the Wensum and the Severn and its tributraies. That's just to name a few.

My view is that artificial introductions are never a particularly good idea.

However, given that all these fish are now in these rivers, then they're worth going for as long as your not suggesting that ongong efforts should be made to continue to translocate them.

How fortunate it was that those islands we now call New Zealand were completely uninhabited when their forebears had arrived, bringing with them all manner of species from the homelands.

Except they weren't.

Very selective in your outrage, it seems.

No. Not really, quite all embracing in my outrage Latimeria

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Even I know this, and I've only been canoeing half a dozen times in my life. It goes back to a previous point that the current Angling Trust policy is unenforceable in practice.

So you want the Angling Trust to advise its members what exactly given you admit there is a hard-core that won’t take any notice anyway.

Andy the Angling Trust don’t advise period they haven’t for example shown where they stand over an important issue to sea anglers and that is the ‘Angling 2012 data collection’ Indeed they sit on the fence claiming to be watching events on behalf of their members.

On that score one assumes given they sit on the CEFAS steering group, watching events and advising CEFAS, and are now clearly linked with the Angling Trade Association (ATA) who are both supporting ‘Angling 2012’ with prizes for participation and are also funding Mr Salters involvement with the Trust, that they indeed do support ‘Angling 2012’

Out of interest have you written to Mr Lloyd and co? If so let’s have a look at what you asked him and what he and the Trust have said in reply.

So you want the Angling Trust to advise its members what exactly given you admit there is a hard-core that won’t take any notice anyway.

Andy the Angling Trust don’t advise period they haven’t for example shown where they stand over an important issue to sea anglers and that is the ‘Angling 2012 data collection’ Indeed they sit on the fence claiming to be watching events on behalf of their members.

On that score one assumes given they sit on the CEFAS steering group, watching events and advising CEFAS, and are now clearly linked with the Angling Trade Association (ATA) who are both supporting ‘Angling 2012’ with prizes for participation and are also funding Mr Salters involvement with the Trust, that they indeed do support ‘Angling 2012’

Out of interest have you written to Mr Lloyd and co? If so let’s have a look at what you asked him and what he and the Trust have said in reply.

I want the Angling Trust to get a bit of a wake up call that they are being manipulated by a small, vocal element within the angling community.

The majority of anglers are peaceful people, who do not wish to incite conflict. They do not want the Angling Trust to be writing to Canoe England requesting that they condemn paddling down the Hampshire Avon as 'illegal trespass'. They would rather the Angling Trust actively engages in diffusing conflict, rather than fuelling it. When they go fishing, they would rather be on good terms with canoeists, rather than being forced into a corner whereby there is hard feeling.

It's a bloody hobby for Christ's sake.

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

And yes Bob, I have written to Mark Lloyd, and I posted the full exchange on here some time ago. I haven't got it to hand because I changed my operating system recently from Vista to Windows 7 and lost my previous emails in the process. But if you trawl back through my posts on this forum then I'm sure you'll find it.

In a nutshell, I told him he wasn't doing his job properly, and he wrote back and told me he was too busy to deal with it.

Well it is an interesting read Andy, many thanks for providing the link. Couple of points from an outsider looking in (given I have no interest what so ever in either fresh water angling or canoeing) and that would be to say I firmly believe your moves with regard the ombudsman and your MP are the right and proper way of dealing with this and as suggested in an earlier post the possibility of having a judicial review of the law covering access. However it is in my view quite wrong to encourage breaking the law to prove a point that will gain nothing other than some publicity that will show you in an unprofessional light and that won’t help your cause.

One should also remember this is the good old United Kingdome with our quaint laws in place unlike the references to the New World countries. You will need to have the goal post moved in order to get the result you seek and that will mean taking on groups that currently have or believe they have a right above that of free navigation for canoeing.

Mr Lloyd on the other hand should remember that while he claims to head an organisation that represents ‘ALL ANGLERS’ irrespective of there being members of his org then he should not be making comments like that in his correspondence dated 15th July last.

One thing for sure this topic is of some interest as the Anglers Net stats show, which alone should see Mr Salter taking your idea of a debate with some degree of seriousness, it might just serve as a reminder to Mr Lloyd that he might well find it a good idea to reopen dialogue. Good luck.

Your twisting facts so offering speculation, they made their position clear where they stood re 2012 before they went to the first meeting. Go back through the a t press releases.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..