Choosing A Fishing Pole

Elton

Posted on behalf of Tone. Please add all replies to this thread:

Advice welcomed on pole choice. I have recently returned to coarse fishing after 30 years of beach fishing and having got back into waggler and quivertip fishing I now want to take up the pole. I fish the Kennet and Avon canal and a local pool containing Tench and Bream to 4lb and shoals of Crucian carp. I have surfed the internet to see what 14.5 metre poles are available for my budget of around £500 but the more I investigate the more confused I become.

I know its a personal thing but suggestions from 14.5 users would be very welcome.

Thanks in anticipation

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I was also looking for a pole within the same budget a few months ago.

I'd recommend the Shimano Exage. 14.5 metres (plus you get a metre extension you can use at 11, 13 or 14.5).

Super strong, light and a smooth finish. Plenty of top kits and can be used for silverfish or lumps. Spares are easy to get hold of should you need any.

I know several others who've got this pole and all rave about it. Plus you're have a £100 and a bit left over to spend on other fishing bits!

The best advice I can give him is that he take the time to go to to a 'pole alley' and try the different poles for himself. I think every pole angler has a different idea of the "best" pole for him. The best pole for him will be the one he feels most comfortable using!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

The Map TKS 20 is a fantastic pole! At 14.5 m stiff light and generally a very nice pole! Its roughly £400 including 3 power kits and a cupping kit! When you add the cost of elastics that'll take it to roughly £420 unless you want hydro elastics! That means you'd have money left for maybe another top kit or a pole roller! etc!

Tone, I was in a similar position a couple of years ago and in the end I went for MAP CFS F16 POLE.

This multi purpose put over pole is simply the best pole package available for around the £300 - £350 depending on where you buy it from.

It is a 13 metre pole with three extra extension to make it up to 16 meters

It contains - Power Top 2 length approx. 3.16m. Match Top 3 Kit approx 3.22m. Light and very stiff. Weight: 13m (998g) elastic rating of 18 (MAP red power Tube elastic) on Power Top 2 Kits.

Rated 12 (MAP White Power Tube elastic) with Match Kits. Super smooth diamond sanding finish for super fast shipping of sections.

With the pole you get 2 x Power Top 2 Kits (18). Integral Match Top 3 Kit (12). Cupping Kit with Cup. And off course a MAP CFS Pole Holdall.

Apparently they have stop making this model but you can still get it if you search the internet.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/