crate size??

ray-s

Wilkos do a fold up storage crate made of plastic. It fits the Prowler 13 cargo well PERFECTLY - even a very slight nip to it. £2.73 each. Not that sturdy - not like the tank busting milk crate, but will hold everything you are liely to put in it. That's what i'm using anyway - got proper rod holders so don't need a crate for the rods.

If you want to improve the standard flush mounts get a piece of pvc plumbing pipe (not sure if it is 1 3/4" or 2" you need. Cut a length that will jam in the flush mount and then just cat it off at the conveneient height for you when you are sat in the kayak. A small cut out at the top will permit the reel foot to sit in neatly and stop the rod from spinning in the tube. Job done.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Wilkos do a fold up storage crate made of plastic. It fits the Prowler 13 cargo well PERFECTLY - even a very slight nip to it. £2.73 each. Not that sturdy - not like the tank busting milk crate, but will hold everything you are liely to put in it. That's what i'm using anyway - got proper rod holders so don't need a crate for the rods.

If you want to improve the standard flush mounts get a piece of pvc plumbing pipe (not sure if it is 1 3/4" or 2" you need. Cut a length that will jam in the flush mount and then just cat it off at the conveneient height for you when you are sat in the kayak. A small cut out at the top will permit the reel foot to sit in neatly and stop the rod from spinning in the tube. Job done.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Zzippy,

The Coleman 24 Quart Cooler is a perfect fit in the Caper tank well, sorry I didn't pick this up earlier.

:)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

I will take a look at them.I did manage to find a small crate and just file a bit off the corners.

That fits now.But I think its a bit small for storing stuff in.Well it will be by the time I fit some pipes in it for the rods.lol

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Hey ya horses ar$e

I got you e-mail and I have some other stuff to send ya mate

Now for the crate question. I have found little use for one myself. What I have is a soft side cooler that I use as my tackle bag. This bag has a few outside pockets for small boxes and items.

In the main compartment, I store a few Plano boxes with my hard baits, 2 worm binders and the small case with my digital camera.

The beauty of this set up is that coolers are leak proof, water inside cannot leak out. The cooler also, most importantly, keeps water from getting in. All of my lures and gear stay nice and dry-even in the worst conditions.

The only time I have gotten water inside is if a very heavy rain should come upon me whilst fishing. The water can bypass the lid zipper other that that, I have been in heavy surf and not a drop of water ever made it in.

Here's a picture. The bag is the large one toward the rear of the tank well.

yak2_ezr.JPG

I'll be outta town for the next 3 days doing charters so I'll talk to ya when I get back mate!

L8R

[ 27. May 2005, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Dirty Dave ]

I will post more detailed pictures when I get back into town folks.

One thing I do have to note that is a little off topic. On the Prowler 13 the forward rod holder tend to be too far foward to reach from the seated position.

265.jpg

What I did to remedy this was to install a Scotty fly rod holder instead of the standard bait cast cradle. This allows you to place and remove the rod just by grabbing the butt of the rod.