Swanage & Durlston Bay - 11th July 2005

SpeciMan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That loks like a perfect bass spot Simon. The pic of Zzipy having spooked himself - was it a mermaid he saw perhaps? I noticed the long, straggly Sargasso weed, the bass wrap themselves up in it at low water. Go back and try casting in to the weed from just off with surface lures and see how you get on. I bet you will get some bass. It looks perfect.

Nifty and I went to Wales this weekend, caught black bream, greater weavers (on feathers in mid water!)garfish, gurnard(Nifty) bull huss and mackerel. I got up and had a go at dawn, got 9 bass the first day. Then back out before breakfast on day 2, 5 bass and a massive gar - 79cms long! Then we went out bass fishing with the fly rods after breakfast. I got 3 eventually, to 2lbs. Nifty got one too. A large blue & white deceiver was the killer fly all weekend. They wouldn't look at clousers, pink or otherwise.

Got to go now.

Simon

will be quiet for a bit - too many features to write up. Bought a waterproof housing and Canon S70 for the kayaking - got bored lugging that old 35mm kit out there!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Oh, forgot. Got some good pics of those folks with their tope - give me an emither with your addresses so the posty can bring them to your door.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Cheers Simon, sound like you had a good weekend, I was plagued with children's parties, so no fishing this weekend, hope to get out this coming weekend, been given a new mark to try out for some bass on the fly.

I'll be sending you my address for the photo's.

Ta for now.

Dave

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Sounds like it was worthwhile trip for you and Nifty. Did you manage to get a picture of the garfish?

Note your comments about the weed. I suspect there are many areas like that over the Purbecks (am thinking of marks near Mupe Rocks and Durdle Door (east and west of Lulworth Cove) which hold that type of weed.

When I get all my gear together I can see myself taking 3 rods out on the kayak during the summer months - one for spinning and float and the other 2 for bottom fishing.

Will send you my address thanks Simon.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Nice one Simon, sounds like you had a good time out there with Nifty!

I'll drop you a mail shortly with my address...and like Speciman I'd love to see a pic of that Garfish!!! :D

Best of luck with the features, Art :)

Hi all,

Yes, it was another great weekend to be out on the water.

Simon certainly deserves the success he gets, I just don't know how he stays awake most of the time :confused:

I didn't travel down till Saturday morning with my lad and his mate and then had to put the tent up and get them fed and watered before even thinking about fishing.

Saturday evening was a real pleasure down on the estuary beach BBQ'ing Mackerel and supping a can or two with Simon and his family :)

Sunday was just a short session with the flyrod that was interrupted for me by moaning sons mate who was too hot and needed a toilet. I went ashore just as the bass appeared and missed the action. Still i had one schoolie so it wasn't a complete blank.

nifty

Nifty,

He's got to be on something, or he ain't human, my kids are a little like him after they have a glass of coke. :D

All this talk of fish, I can't wait to get back to Wales to see Art later this month, we are going to have to get at least one serious session in... wife and kids willing.

On the toilet front, didn't Newt post a little something for that problem, or was it no 2's :D

SM:)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

kayaks068.jpg This was a sample of the bream we caught on the Saturday. I tried catching them on the flyrod but the tide was so too fast even for the fast sinker and i don't think the lure was spending very long near the bottom before being dragged up to the surface in about 15ft of water.

nifty.