This Kayak cart will take some beating.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yakity-yak-uk

Ill have a weight for you this afternoon :) I dont know about the tyres on that ally cart they look to thin for me, Soft ground would be no go as they would just sink to the under carriage and make your pull rather heavy. Mine are Go Anywhere carts and are really great plus make your pull really light :)

• 4 months later...

The CART, after playing around with my old cart which I just could not get on with I returned to this section and after having a word with the man ( Mark) who is a great chap I have ordered a cart. I have gone for the twin wheeled type for soft sand. With the doller at 1.75 to the pound its a good time to buy from the USA, Carrage 30 USD. Good deal, Thanks Bill for finding. terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Nice one Terry :) I have the eckla through the scupper type and am looking to either modify it or use something else. The kayak sits a bit too high on for my liking making the kayak easy to tip over when you go down curbs, over bumps etc.

Any chance you can post a pic of your trolley when you get it?

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hi specimen, I know the feeling re the tipping over with the scupper type, also getting the cart to line up with the scupper holes is a real pain. I will place pic,s of the cart on here for sure, and look for ward to using it.

Look up for more info www.paddlecart.com

Terry

I got a lovely trolley off the OK dealer the other day - all hi impact plastic and comes apart to give you a reasonably untesting Chinese puzzle to solve at the end of a hard day if you want it to.

It comes totally apart - wheels off, kayak bunks (yes, nice wide, long bunks with soft padding - ideal for delicate bottoms or tough ones alike!) come off with no more than a twist - and then the actual chassis splits in two with the aid of a knee - on kayaks with a big hatch opening like the Prowlers, Caper or Malibu X-Factor (could probably swallow it whole) you don't need to take the chassis apart.

There is a wide webbing strap built in and the whole thing works a treat - nice fat tyres for sand, high ground clearance for rough paths/stoney beaches and a folding prop to keep it standing up while you put the arse end on it. The straps then just fold over the middle and with a slide buckle you are done. The retail on it is about the same as a big Eckla - £89.95.

I tried it on all 3 kayaks and it works on the lot of them perfectly - Dorado, Scupper and P13. The support is excellent and spreads the load over a wide area on both sides. If someone would be kind enough to help me through the very taxing and scientific process of posting pictures I could show it to you. Otherwise you will have to wait for the next shipment to arrive at your dealer - then drool chaps, drool! It is Kayak Trolley Nirvana - until Specimen invents a self propelled one!! (I have one of those already - it is called a George!!)

Edited by Simon Everett

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Simon, never met you but are you a sales man for this product ??????????????????????.terry