TOWYN TOPE TRIP TODAY

Martin Hurst

it so happens...

I jumped out almost as quick!

AWESOME mate, I'm getting my traces ready!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back home this AM - too tired to work out how to limit thr KB's on the piccies - they stay at 74 evev after I resize them - still Image shack might work ....

Here goes.

topetrip2346nm.jpg

KINELL!! Phooey That is a monster! :blink: Looking forward to the report when you've caught a few zeds.

(Is that 20 mackies a day or for the whole w/e?)

I got through 12 in a day , but started off with half a fillet. I would thus think we're talking 20 full fish per day if your going after the Tope all day.

Ok Prowler 13

I got through 12 in a day , but started off with half a fillet. I would thus think we're talking 20 full fish per day if your going after the Tope all day.

Righto, what about mackies from the supermarket if the tackle shop runs out, are they too old and knackered because they haven't been frozen soon after they're caught?

Was there a window of maximum activity during the day when the tope were feeding? I'd quite like to fish for other species as well.

Like Paintfly may be fishing for other species. Like the sound of those Mullet in the estuary. Yes, I am a masochist and willing to blank as long as its a good craic. :crazy:

Probably give the Tope a go on the float but it will have to relatively calm for the float if not will hit the Mullet , or not. :doh::D

Edited by darnsarf

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

I think the ebb is best , but i'm sure nifty will be on soon to confirm. theres plenty of bream on the reef and bass closer inshore so lots of opportunity for everyone. Just need to cross our fingers that this high pressure remains :sun: Come on Nifty still awaiting photos of my beastie!! :)

Ok Prowler 13

Is that a number plate I can see down that Topes gullet, blimey mate. Simon told me tonight that you decided to actually get in and swim with the big fella, hat off to you... were you after a scar to earn some bar talk points :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

That's a big fish!

Everything is about 1 month behind, so there is a good chance the big ones will still be about this coming weekend.

On the anchor front - if you rig a self-tripping anchor you won't get snagged Martin. I did put some pics up last year - before Elton changed the system. I am sure someone who knows how to do it can dig them out and put them up again - Specimen, your that kind of literate, any chance for Martin to see please? This way you don't have to break anything to release the anchor and then reset it. It doest it all automatically - and it works even in 400+ feet of water - as I found out when we up to see Spanner!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Had a wonderful 4 days of fishing with Nifty, and were joined by Martin Hurst who is now a bonafide member of the Tope Club :)

Bit of a story with my biggest to date.

Reel screamed and I hooked into her. I let the anchor slip and went for a tow. Took me for about a mile I guess, past Nifty and Martin and I thought Nifty would follow for the piccies as it was clearly a big fish as smaller stuff I just sit to the anchor and release.

About 40 mins later I get her to the boat and make a few calls on the moby to Nifty but they go to ansafone. I cant even see where they are ! ( turns out Martin needed help with one himself ).

I decide she has to come aboard so I can snap her myself.

This was a mistake. I hauled her up and sat her on my lap while I took some piccies but she thrashed about a bit and over we went, fish, boat, tackle and me.

She was still hooked and rod was attached to yak with a leash. Upshot of that was she is pulling down on the boat while I am trying to right it.

Had I got tangled up in my line I hate to think what might have happened :(

Happily the result was I eventually got the boat the right way up, got in and lost only the tackle that was'nt bungeed in - thankfully just some line and a bait bin.

NE way, I am a bit wiser and hopefully this will be of some use to others on here.

Hope to see you on the 10th :)

Edited by phooey

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard