Canada Carp

Blake

I see what your saying Peter but just because they are not native species doesn't mean they shouldn't be treated with the respect due of any living creature,maybe it's time someone championed their cause on your side if the pond.

I agree that they should. However, we have a hard enough time getting people to handle trout and bass properly when releasing them, especially with all he atrocious examples being shown on TV. Perhaps with the importation of UK carp gear will come the angling ethics as well, but I won't hold my breath waiting. Ontario has over 100,000 lakes and rivers with free public access on virtually all of them. With that sort of abundance it's hard to get people to take these issues seriously.

Peter

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cidermonkey,

That lump is not a UK fish, but one of the lean very hard fighting commons that are in abundance in Canada...

Cidermonkey,

That fish is one of the many hard fighting canadian commons mentioned throughout this post...

Where did I put that passport! ;):lol:

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....

Where did I put that passport! ;):lol:

Get over there, its amazing, and not as expensive as people think. Cheaper than a week in a smelly bivvy in France....and you get a nice bed and quality food, depending on who you go with of course. I have been the last two years and am booked up for a fortnight next year, cant get enough of it....and you will catch a boat load of carp (almost guaranteed).

Definitely worth a thought. Think I've got more chance in selling that to the wife than France! So go on then mate - what did she weigh?

Get In! :fish::thumbs:

OI OI,

i agree with newt there is more than one way of holding a fish our way & the wrong way lol no only joking peter c has herd how we brit's feel about our carp & say's he will be more carefull in the future so just accept that & let him fish for them & the love of the sport & fight,

the canadian goverment think there a pest as do australia you dont want them held by the jaw or even worse threw up the bank in to bushe's but when someone imports them to stock all hell break's loose & as for fish theft dont even start me on that one.

all i can say is when in rome do as they do so peter you enjoy what your doing FISHING,

there is a lot more to worry about in the world to-day than how someone holds a carp.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

merlino (bill)

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite