Would you pay a licence fee?

Guest challenge
Wurzel that statement has to the most daftest thing i have ever heard i thought you new about angling my lord .

Paul.

What part of the statement do you find daft? The bit about these threads being pointless? Or the bit about picking a wreck clean? Or the bit about picking a mark clean from the shore? Or do you think that the whole combined statement is the daftest thing you have heard?

I have personally fished nets on wrecks, (many years ago but still, I have witnessed It.) and I have fished many hundreds (if not thousands) of wrecks with anglers. In my opinion (if the conditions are correct) there is no more efficient way of cleaning a wreck than by rod and line.

I would be interested to here what shore anglers have experienced when it comes to fishing marks from the shore.

Can you easily fish out a mark? Does it make much difference to your fishing (in your opinion) if say four anglers have been to the same mark as you (say on the same tide) before you start fishing?

I do not want to get into an argument about commercials catching it before anglers get a chance, just trying to work out if wurzels aristocratically answer was as daft as some might think?

By the way, I remember John and me listening (on the radio) to some gill netters talking once, saying that they had tried some wrecks (in a certain area) and there were no signs at all. We had fished them same wrecks the previous week and taken an average of 70 stone of good cod off each wreck with our anglers.

Regards.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul.

What part of the statement do you find daft? The bit about these threads being pointless? Or the bit about picking a wreck clean? Or the bit about picking a mark clean from the shore? Or do you think that the whole combined statement is the daftest thing you have heard?

I have personally fished nets on wrecks, (many years ago but still, I have witnessed It.) and I have fished many hundreds (if not thousands) of wrecks with anglers. In my opinion (if the conditions are correct) there is no more efficient way of cleaning a wreck than by rod and line.

I would be interested to here what shore anglers have experienced when it comes to fishing marks from the shore.

Can you easily fish out a mark? Does it make much difference to your fishing (in your opinion) if say four anglers have been to the same mark as you (say on the same tide) before you start fishing?

I do not want to get into an argument about commercials catching it before anglers get a chance, just trying to work out if wurzels aristocratically answer was as daft as some might think?

By the way, I remember John and me listening (on the radio) to some gill netters talking once, saying that they had tried some wrecks (in a certain area) and there were no signs at all. We had fished them same wrecks the previous week and taken an average of 70 stone of good cod off each wreck with our anglers.

Regards.

Don't forget it's also seasonal one minute they are there, the next? Don't believe all you hear on a radio. Some radio's lie. There is also a big difference between a commercial rod and line and rsa rod and line.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge
Don't forget it's also seasonal one minute they are there, the next? Don't believe all you hear on a radio. Some radio's lie. There is also a big difference between a commercial rod and line and rsa rod and line.

I appreciate what you are saying Barry. But there where only two boats netting in the British sector of the North Sea at the time. He also did not shoot his nets back any where near where these wrecks where and there was plenty for him to go at.

could be wrong Barry but I don’t think that he was trying to protect those wrecks from anglers as we where the only angling boat working within a hundred miles of those wrecks.

The reason he did not catch anything on those wrecks was because the previous week our anglers had caught most of what was on them.

You explain to an angler who has just paid the best part of £500 for a weeks fishing the difference between commercial fishing and RSA.

I have come across some excellent anglers in my time and I can assure you that none of them have been commercial fishermen. No a fence meant wurzel.

Regards.

I appreciate what you are saying Barry. But there where only two boats netting in the British sector of the North Sea at the time. He also did not shoot his nets back any where near where these wrecks where and there was plenty for him to go at.

could be wrong Barry but I don’t think that he was trying to protect those wrecks from anglers as we where the only angling boat working within a hundred miles of those wrecks.

The reason he did not catch anything on those wrecks was because the previous week our anglers had caught most of what was on them.

You explain to an angler who has just paid the best part of £500 for a weeks fishing the difference between commercial fishing and RSA.

I have come across some excellent anglers in my time and I can assure you that none of them have been commercial fishermen. No a fence meant wurzel.

Regards.

I don't recon i'm that bad, in an area like the portland race, the commercial guys make us look like ist timers as rod and line is the only way that this area is fished. It don't matter how long i go fishing i will never be a patch on these guys. (compliment). Thing is though Challenge, a wreck never stays empty for long.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Regards.

Hi challenge, i presume that those 70 stone of cod in this instance where all knocked on the head and filleted to pieces? i dont want to go over old issues but is it not about time some of you old ex commercials promoted a bit of conservation? was it realy that necessary to take all those fish because of pure money? could those anglers not except just taking a couple each and putting the rest back or are we talking of greed once again and f*** tomorrow? cheers....................

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guest challenge
Hi challenge, i presume that those 70 stone of cod in this instance where all knocked on the head and filleted to pieces? i dont want to go over old issues but is it not about time some of you old ex commercials promoted a bit of conservation? was it realy that necessary to take all those fish because of pure money? could those anglers not except just taking a couple each and putting the rest back or are we talking of greed once again and f*** tomorrow? cheers....................

Hello stavey.

Yes we did promote conservation, as you said we have gone over and over this subject. The main conservation that we did promote was that of the recreational sea angler. I assure you that if anglers did not catch good amounts of fish with us on a regular basis they would not have come back.

They paid a lot of money to have the chance to fish in areas that no body else fished with a rod and line. So if we would not of took them and tried to achieve what they wanted they would not have come back and therefore a certain type of recreational angling would have been lost for ever.

If we would not have caught that fish on them wrecks the commercial boys (who I spoke of) would have come along the following week and caught it. Would you of preferred that?

Because of that pure money (myself and 1000's of Chieftain anglers money) stavey is the reason that i and all the other anglers on the boat enjoyed the fishing , and weren't bothered about conservation. Not conservation in the respect you are thinking of , because the waters this boat charters are not covered by any other boat (angling) and the fishing is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE.

As i have said many times before , give it a go , i can HONESTLY tell you that the fishing on the boat is second to none. The marks are absolutely STUFFED full of fish , 2 /3/ 4 fish a drop.

I think the problem most people have is ................they haven't tried the Chieftain. The fish are still there and very much in abundance!! It's just a matter of travelling a little bit further for them

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Because of that pure money (myself and 1000's of Chieftain anglers money) stavey is the reason that i and all the other anglers on the boat enjoyed the fishing , and weren't bothered about conservation. Not conservation in the respect you are thinking of , because the waters this boat charters are not covered by any other boat (angling) and the fishing is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE.

As i have said many times before , give it a go , i can HONESTLY tell you that the fishing on the boat is second to none. The marks are absolutely STUFFED full of fish , 2 /3/ 4 fish a drop.

I think the problem most people have is ................they haven't tried the Chieftain. The fish are still there and very much in abundance!! It's just a matter of travelling a little bit further for them

It is brilliant that there are good reports at last for the amount of fish now showing. Most of the reports and photo's show codling, with regards to the size that they can grow i think that Stavey is trying to put across catch and release to try and get what is showing up to a size that we all would be proud of catching. You only have so much room in the freezer and it would be good if it was stuffed full of three fish instead of thirty.

I have not tried cheiften yet but i will do so and look forward to it. My only concern is the diversity of fishing over a period of say a week. Do you guys up the north sea target other species apart from codling and cod?

Of course we can all steam out as far as the chieftan cant we.

saying there is plenty of fish left becuase someone can steam 100 miles and catch some is daft.

If a charter boat steamed to iceland im sure they ciould catch more than chieftan.

That doesnt make our fish stocks any better though does it.

Maybe someone could steam to australia and have a great days barra fishing.

Then some joker would post that there is some good barra fishing to be had if you go out on the right boat.