Best place's for PIKE fishing in somerset?

STAG SPOT

Hello,

I was just wanting to pick you brains if i may as there are a few of us looking to go to new fishing spots within somerset for pike, (rivers, lakes, res'es anywere).

So if anyone could help that would be great?

Cheers

Cheddar Reservoir

Durleigh Reservoir (bridgewater)

Both known about hence me suggesting them on here and owned by Bristol/Wessex water so day ticket (£6)

Haven't fished any of the drains over in Somerset but I'm sure they could be worth a shot

cheers for that mate i will be having a go at the chedder res asap as only down the road from me and myself and wsmlewy are popping down to durleigh res tonight to have a scout around.

cheers again bud

• 3 years later...

Whereabouts in somerset are you stagspot? I know middleney, the river isle, the river parrett all have pike but i don't know to what size. Quite big in middleney though i think

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Umm - not sure I'd want to pinpoint actual swims on a public forum!

C.

Are you talking to me Chris or someone before? Why wouldn't you, can't do any harm can it?

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

The reason being its not called the world wide web for nothing

They'll be folk looking in or trolling internet forums just for that bit of easy informayion that will give them easy fishing or the location of big fish. What happens next is an army of anglers flooding an area that they normally would'nt look at and generally kill the fishing, a real pi**er if you're a local and its your favourite water thats now goosed or its your water you can't get on due to the influx of anglers

Think Chris was referring to Jake Bowles rather than you as he's trolling an old posting from 3 years ago

The reason being its not called the world wide web for nothing

They'll be folk looking in or trolling internet forums just for that bit of easy informayion that will give them easy fishing or the location of big fish. What happens next is an army of anglers flooding an area that they normally would'nt look at and generally kill the fishing, a real pi**er if you're a local and its your favourite water thats now goosed or its your water you can't get on due to the influx of anglers

Think Chris was referring to Jake Bowles rather than you as he's trolling an old posting from 3 years ago

Oh right, thanks.