trolling motor mount

davy mcclelland

Hi Guy,s

First post here.

I,m considering fitting a trolling motor to my Prowler 13.

Being primarily a boat angler during the summer, I only use the yak for Piking during the winter months, & mainly

I,m trolling plugs/baits etc.

I dont really want to have the motor mounted to the side of the yak in case it causes a balance issue, & would prefer to

have it set up similar to Bucketboy,s(inline), which I have to say looks brilliant.

Is there a suitable mounting bracket on the market out there, or is it a DIY job????

Great site BTW........

Cheers, DAVY

each to there own but putting a motor on a yak is cheating abit may aswell be in a boat, i troll with no problems without a motor, why do you need one??? just courious really have heard of people using them but not often, theres a guy in bembridge whose got a 2 man fishing kayak and its got foot pedldes. tight lines :)

Hi Davey

Welcome to Anglers Net.

I can vouch for the Stealth Drrive, great piece of kit, worth the money.

The drive propels a yak along very nicely indeed, I was very impressed with it.

Some like motors, some dont......same can be said about sails too.

If i adds to what is already a great way to fish.....go for it.

Good luck.

Bill. :)

A kayak IS a boat. Use it how you want - there is no 'cheating'.

Bucketboy used a cut-down Minn Kota. The bracket supplied with the motor is cut down slightly - easy job to do that. The pedal drive yaks are the Hobies.

Bear in mind that you may be breaking the law troling under power though - certainly it's illegal in the Broads system. You only need a maximum of 3 mph for pike anyhow and that is almost zero effort even with a cheap, basic paddle.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.