Why i am considering giving up sea angling?

stavey

Ken Davison, what have I said that is crude and insulting? I can't see anything in my reply to Stavey that is either?

Anyway, I am taking a foster boy fishing tomorrow, the only time he behaves himself is when he is fishing, so there is some benefit to be had still! He doesn't mind too much if he doesn't catch a fish. He has caught quite a few good Whiting though. He only casts 45 yds, quite good really for a novice of 12 built like a matchstick.

[ 02. July 2005, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Manofkent ]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good on ya manofkent he must enloy the company or he wouldnt go have you tried rig making with him nothing like catching with something you made yourself had a wee session during lads week getting chris,terry and dale to make up their own jelly worm rigs with great success

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

originally posted by norm b

quote:

we're all individuals
...."i'm not"

yes, the fishing is slower than previous years, but john storey & i just caught a ballan wrasse each, ha ha ! :D

maybe it means we will have an extended season later :):)

Hi Tack 4, yes, I make my own rigs, and he joins in. To be honest, it's one of the things I like most about fishing. Getting ready, making rigs, trying different ones, etc. He tried some GULP artifical rag and shrimp on sunday. Didn't catch anything on it, but neither did I with normal bait! Still don't know if it will catch compared to normal bait, cos the normal bait ain't catching either.

Jabee used Gulp a couple of weeks ago, the crabs had a go at it.... :rolleyes:

I agree with you re the preparation for a trip, I love it....its all part of the whole big thing..if you get what I mean..... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hi Manofkent,

Slight confusion here. :D

Ken Davison, what have I said that is crude and insulting? I can't see anything in my reply to Stavey that is either?

You agreed with Staveys' statement, so as you agreed with him you were endorsing his comments.

I just think that calling the very people we need on our side names is not a good way to go, it lacked a certain charm that one needs to succeed it public relations. :D

Construtive criticism is the way to go, slagging off just leads to bad feeling.

[ 04. July 2005, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Ken Davison South Wales ]

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Hi chaps, thanks for all the support and encouragement to carry on with this hobby of sea angling, i shal make my own mind up at the end of this summer, when the whiting season is in full swing and and we are back to the tiddler bashing for 7 months.

I have just bought a freshwater licence and intend to do some carp fishing with my fly gear at the weekend, i am also looking into purchasing some land with a lake in it off a farming friend? so i will have a lot going on this summer/autumn, not much time will be available to fish for the mullet so i will be popping on here from time to time to see how the fishing is going.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Hi Stavey,

It is like a decease this fishing lark, when you least expect it it will start giving you the itch again, only met one or two who found a cure.

:D:D

And I manage to infect a couple of them. :D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I do quite a lot of freshwater angling, as well as a bit of sea angling.

I really don't like commercial fisheries much, and never purposefully fish for carp.

I'm far happier stalking wild fish in overgrown natural water, trotting a stick-float through a current.

And many of the skills I learn through freshwater fishing, with different tackle and different tactics are sometimes of immense help when saltwater fishing gets hard, and vice-versa.

But no matter how much pleasure I get from feeling a chub starting to investigate my bait on a night fished river, or seeing the needle feeding bubbles around my float as the tench start to feed, when there are bass around the groynes, mackerel shoals splashing on a calm sea, or winter whiting to be had from a moonlit beach, I just have to try and fit it all in!

And then there are the mullet!!!!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust