Mr Wiggly

LittleSusy

It was 37 years ago when Danny walked into my life. I was alone with two small children, and very lonely.

From that point on if anything threatened me or my children, no matter what shape or form, Danny was always stood in front of us ready to take the blows.

He was a Yorkshire man and a biker, and they do not come harder than that. I know very little of his early life, but what little I have learned tells me that for Danny it must have been a terrible time indeed.

It took me over 20 years to finally break through the granite wall that he had built around himself. What I found was a man who would fight with passion for what he believed in, but was at the same time unstinting in his kindness and generosity and devotion. And although he never said those three words that all women want to hear .. I know.

His grandchildren lovingly called him “Big Bear”.

------------------------------

AnglersNet was a continuous source of joy for Danny. Many was the time when I would find him in tears of laughter at some silly joke that had been posted up, which he would insist on passing on to me. Or showing me a photograph and saying “This chap is coming on in leaps and bounds !”. I feel that I know many of you personally through the names that he used to quote all the time. I will not name you, to spare your blushes !

I have read all your kind thoughts and messages, and have been greatly moved. You have brought a little warmth into a dark time for me..

To all of you I say thank you for being his friends, and for allowing him to share a little of his life with you.

----------------------------------

Danny’s ashes have been scattered upon the waters of the river Fowey estuary in Cornwall on the outgoing tide, along with a single red rose.

To me he was, and always will be, a giant among men.

Susan.

Hi Susan,

Many thanks for sharing not only those words with us, but also Danny himself. He put a lot of time into helping people here and, reading what you've said above, I think we all had him summed up pretty well. He was definitely one of life's 'givers' and what he has given to this forum will be remembered.

I've received quite a few emails this week by members moved by Danny's passing. When I'm alone tomorrow, I will start adding them to this thread (unless I hear any objections, obviously).

And please remember, you are always welcome to pop in here. We often don't get to know 'partners' in these forums, but you became an extension of Mr. Wiggly when he was in hospital and an instant family member.

Take care,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Addition: when I posted above, a list of 'Similar Topics' showed below. I think the first one summed up Danny perfectly:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/3-cheer...ggly-t6822.html

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Hello Susan

This is a terrible time for you and your family,I 'm so pleased that you have been able to draw some comfort from our posts.Thankyou for allowing Mr W to have spent so much time with us,although we never met and both from Sheffield too! I feel as if i have lost a good friend,so goodness know how you are feeling and coping.Thankyou for sharing Danny with us,in the lovely piece you have written.

Judith

All Is Well

Death is nothing at all,

I have only slipped into the next room

I am I and you are you

Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Call me by my old familiar name,

Speak to me in the easy way which you always used

Put no difference in your tone,

Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow

Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.

Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.

Let my name be ever the household world that it always was,

Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant.

It it the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity.

Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?

I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near,

Just around the corner.

All is well.

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Susy, thank you for taking the time to share a bit more of Danny's personal life. You and your kids were so lucky to have him in your life. We, too, shared some of that luck. He was such a friend, and teacher, to many of us whether it be fishing or photography. He patiently shared the "how to" of mysterious parts of photoshop. He helped me via email more times to count. I wish there were an answer as to why so many of the good one's leave us long before their time; long before we are ready to give them up. He will be remembered with much love and appreciation for many years to come. The photography forum won't be the same without him.

Susy,

Many thanks for posting that in what I am sure must be a desperately sad time for you and your family.

To me he was, and always will be, a giant among men.

And he was also that to many members of AN, myself included. Always willing to freely offer advice and pass on his incredible wealth of knowledge.

A sad loss indeed, but he's left a legacy that nobody can take away. It's up to the rest of us now to make sure that all his efforts weren't in vain.

Janet

Elton

Please pass on my sympathy his family.

There are two kinds of people in this world -Givers and Takers

to many people in this just take and give nothing back how rare it is to here of one who gives.

What a nice person he must have been, we never know how valuable a person is until they are gone, I feel sad for not having had the opportunity to meet Danny in person, for he was indeed a rare find in this our trouble world - helping others , he will surely go to heaven and be welcomed with open arms.

Yours sincerely

John Whitcher(John128)

Dear Elton

I was sorry to hear of the loss of Danny and would be grateful if you could pass on my condolences to his family.

Regards

Sue

Hi Elton

I am so sorry to hear of Danny's passing. He will be greatly missed, I know.

Please could you pass on my sincere condolences to his widow, Susan and their family.

I pray that God will offer them some measure of comfort over this season.

God bless - Albert Burton (Preacherman)

Please pass on my condolences to his family. Regards Dave.

Mr Wiggly was a credit to the forum and an expert in his field and I'm sure a lot have learned from his skills.

Thanks.

Dave.

Elton,

Please accept and pass on my condolences to Danny's Family

Ian - Heather Lakes

please pass on our condolences he and his contribution will be missed.

regards dave and diane