Fishing marks in cornwall

dutyhero

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bennyTHEBASS

I FISH TREVOSE A LOT VERY VERY DANGEROUS MARK IF YOU DONT KNOW IT ONLY FISH IN DAYLITE WITH (FLAT CALM CONDITIONS) LOTS DIED HERE

Guest bennyTHEBASS

last year we had 20lb+ blonde rays on trevose just round the corner but the problems landing them 60ft up with 15ft swells running through they had to be broke off.

bennyTHEBASS:

SOUTH COAST TURNS UP THE BEST FISH MATE. NORTH COAST ALWAYS SEEMS TO HOLD A LOT OF SCHOOL FISH. WHAT METHODS & BAITS ARE YOU USING?

Wish i could find those fish . Just joint my first ever fishing club , so hopefully get some goods marks from them. Quite looking forward to it in fact .

Bait and rig wise i'm using Lug, rag, squid , mackeral .

Rigs running ledger's ,1 up 1 down , scratching rigs . Have been trying the lot . Keep scoring blanks .

Tried fishing more and more in the evening now, as most people do seem to feel that you are wasting your time during the day .

Keep scoring blanks though . However keeping going and still loving it :):):):)

Guest bennyTHEBASS

Try combos of high or low tide with dusk. rigs-running ledger pennel hooks in surf (sliding hook on trace above main hook) lead-1-3oz lighter the better. wind-light-moderate onshore. baits-lug,plenty of it-sandeels-live(if you cad get them)or frozen(ammo)the best. ps,dont cast too far anywhere up to 60yds is fine. have you tried plugs??? pra sands is a good bet. happy trials hero :D:D:D

a good mark to try for them is dodman point, but.. it is one hell of a climb (not safe for youngsters, infirm people or idiots) walk up to the cross on the top of the cliff path way drops steeply through gorse on cliff side be careful it really is not for the faint hearted. But the fishing there is fantastic!

Guest bennyTHEBASS

You mean down on the slab matt! fished it a lot when i was a kid. I fish the (deadman)by boat a lot for bass now (kept in meva) poor year last year,heres hoping for 2005 eh mate!!! :)