Latest Report outlining DEFRA's future Intentions

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sharkbyte and you are telling me that anglers didn't help in that slaughter. I have not got time to put you right on a few facts tonight, got to go and catch a load of fish that aint there.

I fish to live and live to fish.

wurzel:

That proves the French are not to much of a threat.

They have been doing it for the last 20 odd years without effecting my catches to much.

But now their boats have hammered the anchovies too hard and the fishery has been closed.

During the summer and since the anchovy closure the French pelagic boats that normally catch anchovy turned their attention to tuna and have devastated that fishery.

Now that the bass are beginning to gather for their spawning, it's their turn next.

Unless our protests are successful (and those of the French inshore fishermen) this year is going to be very different to the last 20 years Wurzel :(

Tight Lines - leon

[ 14. October 2005, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

To quote BigCod I believe, 'not a gain of sand in a desert' with stocks like that and the difference being anglers are pretty much self regulating, they start putting stuff back when times change. That's what happens when you have no mortgage reliant on destroying an ecosystem!

'got to go and catch a load of fish that should be left there', I reckon.

If we keep doing as we are at present which is to take from our fisheries faster than they can replenish we are doomed to a life of small codling and small bass,SIMPLE

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Ar my old mate Mr Boyce will be very happy to have his pic on the A/N, aspecially as he is an commercial.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I think we all know that we're wasting our time here. People like Wurzel will continue to deny there is a problem until the seas are dead.

They think they have a god-given right to our seas and everything in them just because they earn a living from fishing. Like a lumbarjack thinking they can cut down any tree just because they are a lumbarjack.

Pathetic.