Filey Brigg

Yorkshirelad

As a regular Bridlington wall angler I was wondering if anyone on here fishes Filey Brigg on a regular basis.

Would it be worthwhile trying for any mackerel or any other species this summer.

Any info appreciated.

Hi i was born in scarborough moved to brid (the board inn old town ) 3years a go and now in sheffield i am going to scarborough to fish this weekend and was thinking of trying the brig to see if there are any codling there

it's july for mackerel and summr fish

but it would be worth a try

can you get there this saterday day and night

i will tell you som other places to try there could be up to 4 of us going

if you want to come and have a go pm me

the tides look good for sat night 2:00 am low water

[ 27 May 2002, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Darth_codhead ]

Mmmmm fily brigg!! i used to love that place! ,BUT it started to get a bit dangerous! I mean fishing night tides on the lower levels on a outgoing spring,and getting washed by a mega wave from nowhere!. not nice i can tell you!!,but if you want to make a trip on the east coast thish winter let me know ,and i`ll see what i can do !

I did not get to the Brigg

i fished the drive (Scarborough ) for two nights And had one little codling And lost a nice fish had a Very good bites ever cast to Crab and worm

just badd luck i did not land a few fish

i am planning a trip to the east coast in july to fish the drive and brigg for cod and to the beaches past hornsea for the rays dogies and bass

is there any one up for the trip

Two bass this weekend, no sign of other summer species yet up here but the terns were diving for something so better fish will follow.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Hi Phil

Hope you dont mind me asking but what methods did you use on the Brigg??

Thinking of going soon and was hoping to glean some info off anyone who has been.

Cheers Snowy

I can see the pub from 'ere :P:P

Tried for mackerel with feathers round the back of the brigg.

Lobbed a one hook rig 70 yds out, baited with mackerel/ squid.

Don't know if this is the tactic to use on this venue that's why I asked for any info.

for the mac's off the brig you need

a spinning rod ( carp )

small fixed spool with 6lb to 10lb line

a 1oz silver spinner About 8 will last a few weeks

i will be fishinrg there in a few week will let you all know when if you want to join me there