Forming Kayakfishing groups around the UK.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Yakity - Yak:

Hi All, :)

Al, and I have been talking,and have decided to form a Kayakfishing group in our area which will be know as "Jurassic Coast Kayakfishing Floatilla"(Devon) :cool:

I think it would be a good idea for those of us that are keen to see the sport grow in this country,to form a group in your respective areas, the benefits are two fold, one, we will hopefully increase our numbers, and two, you will all have company to fish with, a good point on the safety factor of the sport.

Yakity,

I've been watching a few of your threads on kayaking. Re your interest in expanding members to your association, there is a site here if you haven't already expressed interest there. I know a few members live here in the UK and may be interested.

I have plans to build a strip built kayak for fishing but sadly I haven't the space at the moment.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff', sorry to butt in on your message to Yakity, but I know how you feel, bought some plans last year to build a veneered sailing dingy (Joel Whites Catboat) haven't managed to find anywhere I can build it, it's 15ft x 7ft wide, could just squeeze it down the side of the house, but wouldn't be able to get out the kitchen door!

Let me know how you get on if you manage it, they are beautiful when complete.

Anyway back to fishing, everybody is welcome, you just need a yak and a rod couldn't be simpler. :)

Starvinmarvin

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi GF,

Count me in on that spring meet,poor Al (my EX fishing buddy) :D has to work some weekends so nearer the time, would you mind picking a weekend that hes off ??........ohhhh good :D

Never ever fished Poole.

Good for you GF,thats another meet for the spring.

Will be back soon to pick your brains..heh...heh...heh.

Cheers.

Yakity. :)

Hi Scotty,

Ill bring the other Yak with pleasure, you are welcome to use it.

I have a spare paddle, and some bits and bobs, but you will need to buy, borrow, steal, a bouyancy aid from somewhere.

Wounder if you, and GF, could maybe meet up,never know he may give you some guideance on his Yak, get some practice in ;)youll have to give him a nudge.

Roll on the spring.

Hi Jeff,

Thakyou very much for pointing out the Kayak site, and for showing an interest in the threads

we have going.

Nice to see that your going to fish from a Kayak too.

A strip built Yak, that sounds an interesting project.What do you estimate the costs of the build?, nosey devil that I am:D

Mind you, if your stuck for room for the build at the moment, you could always opt for a tupperware one like us :D

When you do start your build, let us know, would love to follow your progress with it.

Also, if you want to add to the threads, it would be nice to see you here.

Cheers for now.

hmmm i used to fish from a really old 7ft by 3ft surfboard in the late fifties (i found it) was i a yak predecessor if so bow down to your master ,at the end of my holiday i released it back into the firth of forth at seton sands ,it may still be there :cool:

there was photo`s taken of my exploits by my great uncle ,but i cant get intouch he`s a bit dead :(

maybe i could be an honoury bishop of the Seton Sands

contingent,every time i left it i tied it up to wreck and surprisingly it was always there when the tide went back out (it was made of wood and to heavy for me to hide it in the dunes) mind you in those time everyone knew Davy the wee english boy on that particular site

[ 07. October 2004, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson