Forming Kayakfishing groups around the UK.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi All, :)

Al, and I have been talking,and have decided to form a Kayakfishing group in our area which will be know as "Jurassic Coast Kayakfishing Floatilla"(Devon) :cool:

I think it would be a good idea for those of us that are keen to see the sport grow in this country,to form a group in your respective areas, the benefits are two fold, one, we will hopefully increase our numbers, and two, you will all have company to fish with, a good point on the safety factor of the sport.

So, who is up for starting a group in their area?.

Starvin, have you pointed the guys in North Devon to this forum?, and the other chap.

It would be good to have a chat with them, they may be up for starting a group too.

I think that the groups(when formed) should then be affilliated to our main body, i.e. the UK Kayakfishing Assocciation.

While on that subject, Starvin, have you actualy accepted the Chairmans Badge?

You have never actualy confirmed this? :P

We need to get these issues in place so we know who is who, and what they do in the assocciation.

If at any time anyone feels they are to busy, or cant cope with a task, no problem, please say and we will appoint another to take over the respective tasks or jobs.

I know circumstances can change in everyones lives.

Look forward to your replies.

Yakity :)

[ 03. October 2004, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak ]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be honoured to be the chairman as long as no one else wants to do it, what do I have to do. :D

We tried to get a line on where everybody was fishing once before, I think it's a great idea, fishing alone isn't much fun, sadly only a few people replied.

It might be an idea to have the first meeting of the UKKA at the same time as the tournament, say afterwards in a pub, or my van if only a few turn up, I've got a fridge for beer and kettle for tea. This would be a great start and kick off for the 2005 season and 2 really good reasons to turn up on the day.

Art it's over to you, let us know what you think.

Starvinmarvin :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Yak/Starvin,

Do you know anyone, or have any contact details for people that Yak fish around Dorset??? I do alot of fishing at various marks off the Purbeck Hills and have thought on more than one occasion how great it would be to get just a little further out to fish, places like Kimmeridge or Lulworth Cove would be easy to launch and ideal for Yak fishing, not that I know much about it.

Many Thanks

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Scotty, You are smack bang in the middle of Yakity and me, I'm up in hampshire and he's in Devon, if you're kayaking already, and want to go exploring let me know, if the weather looks promising I'll join you, should take me about 1.5 hrs to get to Kimmeridge, it's on my list of places to try next year but don't mind trying it a bit earlier. We might even get Yakity and Al to come as well, what about it Yakity, it's Mike Ladle Big Bass country.

Is gonefishing in Dorset? :D

Starvinmarvin :rolleyes:

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Starvin,

I'm not a kayaker i'm afraid, just a very keen shore fisherman intrigued by the whole yakin thing. I think Gonefishing is from Poole where I live. There are a whole list of places around here you could have a go at but Kimmeridge would have to be one of the best due to the slipway and then your right in some great water, Pollock ,big Ballans and as you rightly said Big Bass country, have you seen this months Sea Angler???

Scotty :P

Certainly have!

Last time I was at Kimmeridge the surf was huge (about 10 years ago), can't remember is the slipway behind the breaking waves?

SM

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

The bay is only affected by surf in the winter months when we have a big blow over a big tide, the only people you'll see then are windsurfers, the surf tends to stay the other side of the bay as the slipway side is much deeper water where as the other side is ledge city, I do alot of snorkelling there during the summer and know it like the back of my hand.

Scotty

Hi Starvin.

Excellent,UKKA now have a confirmed Chairman.

Most clubs or organiseations need a figure head,

We thought you an excellent choice, the reasons being, you are passionate about the sport, you have good knowledge of the sport, and want to see it grow in the UK.

You have made lots of contacts in the USA,and this country too.

So......Thankyou.

Yakity.

Hi Scotty T,

A warm welcome to you.

Pleased to hear your thinking of joining the Kayakfishing scene.

Fishing from a Kayak, offers you a lot of benefits, and near total freedom to fish where you want, with very little expense and hassle.

On a personal note, I can honestly say, that I enjoy my Yak, more than I enjoyed my boats.

As for not knowing much about it, we are all learning, and helping each other on the way.

It woul;d be a good idea for you to visit Anglers Afloat site, there you will find some interesting info on the sport.

There is also a links section on the site that will lead you to a treasure trove of more info.

Take time to browse through these links, and read read read.

You will soon get an understanding of the kit, and what can be achived while Kayakfishing.

If one day, Gonefishing, Starvin,Al,and myself can meet up around your neck of the woods, I will gladly bring along my other Yak for you to try, infact you can try the other one too :D

If you want a one to one chat, mail me and Ill give you my phone number, I expect the other guys will offer the same.

Keep in touch, and ask all the questions you want to.

Cheers.

Yakity. :)