Forming Kayakfishing groups around the UK.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi Chesters :D

I bistow the respect due to you.......I bow.

You are indeed a founder......well....you found the surf board :D . Sounds like you had quite an adventure with that board, I can imagine you as a lad lying there in bed, in the dark, picturing your craft tied off to the wreck, wondering if it would be there for your next exploits.

Childhood memories, the best there are.

Bye the way....should one of these photos crop up, lets have a look. :D

Cheers Chesters.

Yakity. :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

their long dead (30 years or more :( ) although the present is much easier now i liked the past ,you didnt need freinds you just went out in the morning and came home at dusk and entertained yourselves in between.As i get older i realise all those good times as a child have been lost ,all the people i knew as a child dead and all the places i loved gone :( all we have are memories that fade or muddled up and a box of photo`s of people and places we have forgotten the name off or faded pics of yourself in nicer times :(

its a shame we die ,just at the age and experience were the most use at :(

i get upset at car boots when i come across the obvias remains of a deceased persons belongings ,those photo`s of brides and grooms, of long forgotten kids and pets ,all of them nameless now but once a loved family member of someone now also forgotten

[ 07. October 2004, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hi Chesters,

Now dont you start getting all morbid on us :D

I wouldnt say those times as a child have been lost, it was those times and experiences, that helped to make us what we are now.

From what you have written, Id say you are a careing sort of chap, although you proberbly wont like that comment:D :D:P or want to admit it.

Death.....well someones got to do it:)

Yakity. :)

make a mark ,find all those old photo`s and put a sticker on the back with the details of who, why and when ,your kids and grand kids will then know who their chucking in the skip :D

i was looking for a word ,ancestors ...people that went before you ...but what are the people coming after you called :confused:

cant use ofspring or kids or even grandkids because it may be further than that ,what is the word

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Starvin,

I've had thoughts of changing my project to a melonseed skiff since I think I can manage the dimensions in my garage. With that said I also thought I could manage the kayak as well. At 17.5 feet long and about 33 inches wide - it got interesting. My garage is 8' by 17' so if I were to point the bow and stern in the corners I could still manage to keep it out of the weather and work on it in relative warmth. (see the logic?)Once I built the stands and cut the forms I realized how massive it really was. The forms are still waiting to be mounted. Something to be said about building something yourself. :)

Yakity,

It takes about 300 hours to completely build one. This is supposedly by someone with absolutely no experience. The link I posted (if you were to search for specifics) has volumes of information. Everyone on the forum is extremely helpful.

About the cost. Estimates around 700 pounds spring to mind. Then if you were to sell it you might get double that. Personally spending that much time on something I couldn't really assess a value to.

I forgot to mention that you can get the lofting from Nick Schades book for three different sea kayaks. Buy them as a kit already cut or just the forms (plans already lofted). Redfish kayaks I think sell a few kits. If I remember correctly the epoxy and fiberglass come with it.

I understand scratching them adds character I can't see building something I can't or won't use. Definitely beautiful. :)

Chesters?? Why so glum? :confused:

[ 07. October 2004, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Jeff S ]

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

not glum ,just reminissing of times past

no it contains "pre" i will have to buy a reverse dictionary to find it i suppose unless more clever verbally than i can think of it ,it must exist