ledger weights

spud mckay

can any1 tell me what type of ledger weights i should get for when im carping

yesterday i was useing my carp rod and bite alram and all that and i was useing a very small ledger wait because thats all i had,but another fisherman told me to get a bigger ledger,i forgot to ask him what size,can any1 let me know plz whats the best size to get

thank you

Without knowing the exact circumstances that's like asking "how long is a piece of string" spud.

I'll take a guess that you are using a semi-fixed lead arrangment??? The idea behind this is to create a "bolt-rig", whereas a carp picks up your bait, feels the resistance of the weight and bolts, hooking itself in the process. To create enough resistance and create the bolt-rig effect I would reccomend at least 2oz, maybe 1.5oz in the right conditions. If this is new to you then it's probably worth you getting a variety of 2oz - 4oz weights and experimenting.

Note: It's vitaly important that the leads are fixed in a "semi-fixed" manner, they must be able to free themselves from the endtackle in the event of a line breakage.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

mu unlce set me up as ive never really done carping before

he put and hair rig on and i noticed he then put a ledger stopper on the line and of course the ledger

the ledger was free moving up and down the line but the stopper was just above the hair rig

Spud - Please don't use my avatar. I went through the web to get it and I am known on this site with it - if you want an avatar that is unique find one and in the non-fishing chat, you can have it installed. Thank you

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription