525 Slidy or super mag ??

Guest jay_con

Guest jay_con

A Norfolk Boy:

Having seen your last post I have tried them with 25lb line and they didn't cast as well as with lighter line; perhaps it was me, they just didn't feel right.  I've got .35mm on mine for some serious winter winching power.

Point taken. But if your dropping down from your usual line strength of 35 lb then you should see an improvement??? Ill quite possibly load it with 20 pound line.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jay_con

Most spots we fish are ??? 20 - 80 yards. Sometimes when your fishing into a strong wind even these distances are difficult to achieve. I think lower line diameter should help with the line dragging in the wind and tide which can be off putting to fish.

For clean ground fishing I use the 6500 abu reels and think they are superb.

Whats a "slosh 30" ? :confused:

I am curerently using Abu 6500's from the beach, but am thinking of changing to penn 525's, as I feel the levelwind is reducing my distances (no, I don't want to hacksaw it off :) )

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Cranfield, This is a Slosh 30 reel, I have one, along with a Slosh 20, very good rough ground reels, and good light boat too....

http://www.fostersofbirmingham.co.uk/ST11239

[ 31. July 2005, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/