Info on Sennen Cove

Dan Scarlet

Hi. I've just joined the forum after reading the threads submitted by others and liked the format. It seems like a great forum with lots of information in a very friendly atmosphere.

I'm primarily a shore angler and have boojed a week away at the end of May with the family in Sennen Cove in Cornwall. I was wondering if any members could possibly steer me in the right direction with marks, species to catch etc.

Thanks,

Dan.

Afraid not but I have it down for our family trip October half term. So any info you glean would be very much appreciated. :)

Last year we fished Porthhallow (I think) I will know it when I see it again :rolleyes: Caught some wrasse and pollock from the beach. I have a little book I purchased from the angling shop in Helston which has Sennen down as a good Bass venue.

isnt sennan privatly owned ,we were there (not fishing that week)in the height of the F & M outbreak :( but any anglers we spotted were at the far north of the beach on the rocks ,we couldnt be bothered to walk that far to enquire how it was fishing ,if your camping there is a site just up the road .the trip up the hill from the bay is very interesting on a honda90 2 up :D when you get to 1st gear hope is the next one :D

the site i mentioned is great for watching birds of prey ,no need for bins they landed on the fence :D

sennan must be the most boring place on earth ,once youve been to lands "nearly" end there isnt much left ,as it was in the F & M all paths and cliff tops were closed even mousehole (sp?) was shut

[ 03. May 2004, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson