Wychwood tackle

ChopperHarris

Thanks for the replys and links guys...appreciated.

Chris...i am at the moment considering buying a carp-come pike setup and had heard good things about the Wychwood rogue carp/pike rods, and also the rogue big pit freespool reels...i was hoping the rods ( 3lb testcurve?) would be suitable for both carping and pikeing....would appreciate anyones imput on this. :)

Mark 'Chopper' Harris...lol

I have the Wychwood Rogue Power Pike 3.5lbTC and the Wychwood Spod rod 4lb TC (both for piking actually) and they're excellent rods. I cannot rate them highly enough. They're brilliant rods and I've used for more expensive rods that didn't compare.

3lb TC will cope with just about anything you come across but if you're going after any carp 40lb+, I'd perhaps consider going a 1/2 lb heavier. I only use the 4lb TC spod rod for casting HUGE leads and dead baits at extreme distance. That was for a particular swim I was having trouble getting baits out to. You shouldn't need anything like that for you purposes.

The reels though...hmmm....I don't like them. They have a cheap feel about them and I don't think they're all that good. I don't think they're very good and the finish is awful compared the rods, which are really nice bits of kit. I'd consider a set of Daiwa Emblem Big Pits, which can be bought from the US for buttons. Older Emblems can be bought here for very reasonable prices and they really are great reels. Front drag and massive cranking power, superb line-lay and enormous capacity. Nice big spool for easy distance casting. Definitely the tools for the job.

I'd definitely got after the rods. The 3lb TC rod will cast a 1lb mackerel a long way. The 3.5lb TC will cope with more but I bought that for stopping big doubles at short range in weedy ground.

I'd definitely for the rods by all means. Forget the reels.

....Andy...

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

• 3 months later...
http://www.wychwood-tackle.co.uk/

their carp site is being revamped apparently and relaunching in the summer?

a nuisance cos i want to find info on their brolly systems

I wonder which summer? :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Here you go

http://www.wychwood-carp.co.uk/

Dont blame me on the quality of the site

That's just it, there is no site. It's a holding page with comments such as "A new competition will launch this summer" and "A new Wychwod Carp site will be coming this Summer" :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE