licence update

abu7001

i did a search on here to see what you guys have said about the above,and to be honest im very dissapointed to see that some of you are willing to pay for a licence,do you honestly believe that this government will listen to you,lads they dont give a stink about you and your fishing,they only want your money,so what do you propose they will do with your first millions? answers on a postage stamp please.....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the enforcers wont go to very many places i suspect health and safety will cut in ,if they cant drive to you your safe i suspect it will be holiday makers that will cop the most visits on piers and proms or safe beaches,i cant see them swinging down ropes or walking too far

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Missed the original thread:

All I can say is that I think the worst of this will mean that once a year deadliners for crabs or fathers taking their kids fishing on the pier for their once a year fishing trip will be hit by the "license".

Is that fair ? Is it F**K!!!!!!!

If I thought for a minute that a sea fishing license would help to protect fish - then I'd gladly pay, but it won't and I would say all sea anglers know that

PFFfffTTT!!!!!

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

Guest jay_con

Well If im honest, the majority of people I know are against the idea, charter skippers see it effecting them, tackle shop owners think they will see less customers because of it, and a lot of people who hate the government think its just another tax. But I am in favour, ill give 20 pound a year, but I expect something in return. I sort of agree with you FTH, it probably will be a waste of money, but for 20 quid its got to be worth a go.

If it doesn't do any good, can you honestly seeing it being scrapped?

Let's have some names of those who would apply for a job enforcing the new license!

I suspect that those who are the strongest advocates of a license fee, want to be 'in charge' of enforcement, but would want somebody else in the front line!

[ 13. December 2004, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

The question

'Are you in favour of a licence?'

is nonsensical.

Much like

'Would you like a needle jabbed into your arm?'

Of course the answer is 'NO!!!!!!!'

But then if what comes through that needle is going to save your life, (or bring you lots of pleasure LOL!), then the answer might be very different.

The possibility of a licence can only sensibly be discussed in relation to that as part of an overall package of measures that may or may not seem to be a large part of the answer as to how to ensure that angling in the future will be a lot better than it is today, and one heck of a lot better than it is likely to be in just a few years, given that the way things are moving now :(

At the moment, there is not a firm proposal of such a package on the table, but people are thinking about putting such a package together.

To reject any such package outright, just because it contains the possibility of a licence, without knowing all the good things that it might contain is both premature and pretty stupid.

But then the world is full of people who just can't see beyond the end of their noses!

Me? In favour of a licence?

Well I'll just wait until something emerges that has substance (if ever), then see whether it's good or bad and let you know when I have all of the facts.

The trouble is, by then, so many people will have declared that they won't accept a licence that no one is even going to bother putting together a complete package that will benefit angling.

And if you think that the fishing is bad now, just wait and see what happens, in the not too distant future, if nothing at all is done.

Tight Lines - leon

ps Ever wonder why the most frantic opposition to anglers being licensed is coming from commercial interests?

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

ps all the arguments about kids fishing, day anglers, enforcement etc have all been debated quite comprehensively on here.

Try using the 'Search' facility (up there at the top of the page) with 'licence' in the 'title'

Plenty of ground already covered in detail, for those who are really interested.

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust