Best Boilies

leedsunited

They can all work well at the right time matey.

Best find out what's working well on the water you plan to fish.

But if I can recommend any particular one at the moment I would say 'Tock Specials' by Cotswold Bait Creations.

http://www.nuneaton1.fsnet.co.uk/new_page_4.htm

I know Phil who owns the company and I know most of the blokes in his gallery - its not a load of bull as can be said about some.

£6 per kilo fresh rolled. Others he makes and in the process of developing are about £7 per kilo.

If you contact him, say Malc 'TheMargins' recommended you!

(I have no ties by the way)

<small>[ 26. September 2004, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: mpbdsnu ]</small>

Having not tried many, I can't give you a 'best', but I can recommend Bob Church 'Bellybuster' boilies (in spicy crab flavour). They cost about four quid a punnet and they have been responsible for all of my boilie-caught carp this year!

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

hiya leeds.. If your going onto a water blind or even if you know the water and you are trying the boilie approach for the first time then i would definitely recommend that you try mainlines activ-8 this bait is in a class of its own and another called maple-8...

They both have results that speak for themselfs ..

you can find prices here http://www.baitsdirect.com

happy hunting :)

• 3 years later...

I'd note one of the early comments here ... see what other people are using on the swims.

On a local lake that I use, they're frowned upon and whenever we've tried them (of any flavour) they don't produce the results ... for every carp you catch there on a boilie of your choice, we'll take five if similar weight on sweetcorn.

Regards,

Sean A

... that one won't get away again!

What are the best boilies and how much are they

im going to fish for carp soon with my friend and i want to know which ones work well

Hello leeds

If you are just going for a try at carping for a day i would try to find out what the other guys are gettiing result on. maybe its the method spodding etc. Most carpers nowadays follow the crowd for short term results bait wise. But on hard pressured waters baits blow eventually and theres a lot to be said for for trying something different. Carp are like people they get bored and fancy a change now and again. Escepially the big fish that have probably been out a few times on Dr zeds wonder mix, Theres loads of good quality ready mades about now and they will all work. I personelly have always been a believer in trying something different. my favourite flavoures have always been maple and anything fishy.Mind you i havent done any serious carping for over fifteen years. But i got my wings in the days when it was still a bit of a challenge to bank a monster.

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.