Sea conditions for bass

Guest jay_con

Guest jay_con

Vagabond:

As someone said above, horses for courses.

Horse ???? Thought that was a German thing.

By the sounds of it im gonna have to try lots of things and see what happens.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't think of a fish that needs as many different types of approaches. It all depends on the bait your offering (and what they're feeding on) At the top end of the Menai Straights yesterday, in a 29 foot tide, and the best results were either freelining live sandeel or trotting them down the reef with a 1oz Ardsley on a short drop with an eight foot trace. Same mark two months ago and they were only interested in crab ledgered. Ten miles up the coast at Llandulas the surfers were only catching on ledgered blowlug.

I personally find that the stage of the tidal cycle is most important and once the spring's passed you're scratching till the next run of making tides.

Last month a guy caught a 9 1/2 lb'er on Colwyn Bay front with a £30 combo set up he'd just bought and the head end of a stale mackerel. Such is life but generally speaking you should look at what they're eatin and why , then give them what they want with the right presentation.It's a lot more enjoyable if you get down to the lightest tackle possible.

:D If VVVV rough sea - huge surf - GO 4 IT - ALL my best fish like this - hook size - bait - method - meaningless!!!

EXCEPT FISH VVV CLOSE IN and be V Diligent :D !!!

BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

As to tide state - it all depends on the mark you fish, some produce at high, some at low, and others at other times. Some'll produce on springs, other times it's neaps. If you're trying to find 'new' marks, then I reckon low water and up for a couple of hours is your best bet, even better if it's at night, dawn or dusk.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

I would give him 4.5lb, very recently Norma and Dave caught two doubles, Dave's was shorter but a lot fitter looking and weighed in heavier.

Looks can be deceiving :D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

easy 4.5, could of been a bit more

this is a 2lb 1oz (weighed)

i am 6ft2in and 17.5 stone ya know

Posted Image

why the hell when i post pics do i get ragged to f*ck for it in one way or another?

[ 11. August 2005, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: macky ]