ABBOTSBURY - At Its VERY Best!!!!!!

MainBassMan

spent the afternoon down past the cottage mark, despite the weather forecast saying 7mph southerly breeze, there was that old tart "howling gale" coming from the east.

John Storey had no bites at all, i had 2, the second bagging me a nice gurnard on a rag worm/sandeel cocktail.

Had enough of the chesil during day light hours & will be off to fish lyme harbour tommorow evening, at least we can drop net for prawns while we're not catching fish.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spent the afternoon down past the cottage mark, despite the weather forecast saying 7mph southerly breeze, there was that old tart "howling gale" coming from the east.

John Storey had no bites at all, i had 2, the second bagging me a nice gurnard on a rag worm/sandeel cocktail.

Had enough of the chesil during day light hours & will be off to fish lyme harbour tommorow evening, at least we can drop net for prawns while we're not catching fish.

Red Tub or Grey?!

Glad to you're back Ziggy youve bin quiet! We'll have to meet for a session again soon, but I have to get over this nasty fluey cough thing I've had all week!!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

• 3 years later...
:D 6lb 1 oz Bass good :P god - in TOTAL shock and on a lure!!! :D

:lol: Back again but only with a 3lb er on a lure!!! 4 years on!!!! B)

BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

Flip I'd forgotten about this thread! and where's Ziggy, still house building? I havent been off chesil, having a dingy n'all but had some nice bass off Lyme this year. Oh and did I mention my Cod?!

Dan

Edited by Dan

I spoke to an angler who had just turned up in the car park last Friday afternoon. He reckoned he had a couple of 7-8lb codling the week before.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Flip I'd forgotten about this thread! and where's Ziggy, still house building? I havent been off chesil, having a dingy n'all but had some nice bass off Lyme this year. Oh and did I mention my Cod?!

Dan

Wotcha Dan,

rumour has it that you caught a cod, well done sargent. I'd wondered where this thread had gone too, just had a p.m. from main bass man, turns out he's in Ireland, long way to cast to abbotsbury. Cheers Clive, hope its going well out there. Yep still building house, inside all finished, just finishing roof & solar panels. Had badgerflu for past 3 weeks so not much fishing going on. Hope to get out next weekend.

later Dudes.

Wotcha Dan,

rumour has it that you caught a cod, well done sargent. I'd wondered where this thread had gone too, just had a p.m. from main bass man, turns out he's in Ireland, long way to cast to abbotsbury. Cheers Clive, hope its going well out there. Yep still building house, inside all finished, just finishing roof & solar panels. Had badgerflu for past 3 weeks so not much fishing going on. Hope to get out next weekend.

later Dudes.

Hi Ziggy,

Been doing the same to a house over here ...... Work Work Bloody Work!!!! Came back to UK last week and just had to do 24 hour session at Abbs. Only catch was a nice Bass on a lure!!

Hope All well and the :P Ratflu :o goes under ground soon.

Fish on CLIVE

Good to hear from you Ziggy, glad to hear that you must have sorted those nasty building control people out!

Hope to go out fishing this week weather permiting. Did catch a cod, but to be honest catching 20lb coalfish on light spinning gear is a hoot, they outfight bass lb for lb. I had to have a lie down after every 2 I caught!

Anything at Abbotsbury? - Not a solatory bite in 3 sessions (30 hours plus) :huh: over here in wexford ireland!!!!

Anything at Abbotsbury? - Not a solatory bite in 3 sessions (30 hours plus) :huh: over here in wexford ireland!!!!

Dunno its been a bit breezy!