Sundridge alarms

Guest tigger

Hi Tigger

I have had a set of these for 2 years now completely wireless the bobbins plug in and light up when the alarms go off V.good for the money.Receiver works at a good distance not that you ever want to be far away from your rods when they go off. found that out while having a wazz. they also do a set of 3 but without the bobbins

Klaus

Thank's for the info m8, have you used them in really hard persistant rain ? I used to use fox SX alarms and they where great in dry or showery conditions but in heavy rain they conked out until they dried off. I thought it must just be mie but two of my m8's had the same problem. A friend of mine contacted Ted Carters and they reckon that out of all the alarms they've sold they've neve had a sundridge one back for repair or any complaints, which sounds good.

Thank's for the info m8, have you used them in really hard persistant rain ? I used to use fox SX alarms and they where great in dry or showery conditions but in heavy rain they conked out until they dried off. I thought it must just be mie but two of my m8's had the same problem. A friend of mine contacted Ted Carters and they reckon that out of all the alarms they've sold they've neve had a sundridge one back for repair or any complaints, which sounds good.

Tigger

Affirmative to that one, I have sat there in persistent torrential and have had the pleasure of getting soaked when they go off. Also they use pp3 9v battery which you can get rechargeable in as opposed to the expensive 3v small batts that some use. receiver as well uses pp3 9v, very tight fit in the alarms though suppose its to keep the units small. One small problem that I did have on one of the alarms the screw thread came loose and went round and round. I tried fixing with a locking nut up the thread to the base of the alarm, it still went round and round. I found out it had ome adrift inside, I took it apart (after warranty finished) myself used some plastic packing job done,problem solved. Now they stay on the bar permanently no need to take off as pod strips down. I like them :D others may not.

Klaus

Tigger

Affirmative to that one, I have sat there in persistent torrential and have had the pleasure of getting soaked when they go off. Also they use pp3 9v battery which you can get rechargeable in as opposed to the expensive 3v small batts that some use. receiver as well uses pp3 9v, very tight fit in the alarms though suppose its to keep the units small. One small problem that I did have on one of the alarms the screw thread came loose and went round and round. I tried fixing with a locking nut up the thread to the base of the alarm, it still went round and round. I found out it had ome adrift inside, I took it apart (after warranty finished) myself used some plastic packing job done,problem solved. Now they stay on the bar permanently no need to take off as pod strips down. I like them :D others may not.

Klaus

Thank's for that Klaus, maybe you should/could have used super glue on the thread bar?

post-8110-1231945024_thumb.jpgpost-8110-1231945037_thumb.jpg

For reliability and value I do not think that these can be beaten.

http://www.goodfishing.i12.com/

I have used their alarms for many years now both at home and in France and they have never let me down. I have the old GFM models used in conjunction with my old Fox transmitter and receiver. The only difference to the later models is that the GFM had an additional outlet for a drop off indicator which meant that you could fish two rods off the same alarm.

My this is frustrating. I'm trying to buy the three alarm package but can't get checkout to add the delivery charges or recognise the 50% voucher code, it keeps telling me only one voucher per order but I only want to use one. My old Fox Mx alarms need new batteries, I may as well upgrade while this deal is available. Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Found it, 50% voucher doesn't apply to multibuys, thought it was too good a deal.

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

try adding all the bitsl up separately then try for the discount see what happens

good luck

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Here's an item number to some sundridge alarms 160221171745 on ebay. Has anyone used/got them ? They seem very reasnable and look like decent quality. I have seen them come up for sale for less than 50 notes for a pair like those which seems to good to be true.

The alarms are very good, batteries last for ages in them (uses the square 9v) as someone else mentioned you can use illuminated bobbins on them as well.

One of the downsides is the back battery cover tends to feel abit loose but saying that i have never had one drop off on me.

I know you can buy a set of 3 including the metal box for about £60-£80 brand new.