Editing movies from Sony SR55E or any Sony Hard Disk camera

Colin Brett

Not so sure I am the guy for you :) I use Sony Vegas 8, plenty of bells and whidtles, but I tend to just trim/split and add a bit of title and I have added music as well :)

Main reason for this editing/making movie, is in order to make dvd's. All the dvd writing stuff I have used, wants to put "buttons" in for every clip, making those clips in to one movie, means just one button.

I have bought, used and discarded several different vid editing ptograms, they all worked, the one I liked best was Pinnacle 10, but it won't/didn't edit HD.

I am not sure just what you can do with moviemaker..............

Video editing can be great fun, and very satisfying, but I find I tend to forget how to do things if I don't do any for a while.

Den

That's basically all I want to do at present, but find navigating around some of the programs tedious and confusing. I probably need to be shown how to do things as I'm usually fairly good at hands on stuff.

Thanks Den and Jeepster.

I have just put my first You tube video online. what do you think?? view it here

That's basically all I want to do at present, but find navigating around some of the programs tedious and confusing. I probably need to be shown how to do things as I'm usually fairly good at hands on stuff.

Thanks Den and Jeepster.

I have just put my first You tube video online. what do you think?? view it here

Pretty good Colin, but I just know that you can do better.

This site gives some info on optimising video for youtube. It's written from a QuickTime/Mac OS X perspective, but the advice is good for any video editing software on any system

If one were to download the PC version of QuickTime, and than search Google for where Dawn M. Fredette lives one might get a free upgrade to Quicktime PRO ;)

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote