King Prawn

fisherman

I have access to live and frozen large prawns ....

caught very little on them except small pollack, some nice bass and wrasse; but all on live ones.

You're better off sticking to lug/squid cocktails or just squid in this neck of the woods.

I'm sure there are situations where frozen prawn might work and experiment because that's the only we learn.

I would think I've put in a hundred hours tipping with raw frozen prawn and targeting plaice, soles, bass and smoothhounds. Nuffink!

There were a dozen cod caught on one boat last week off the Nab ...... all on Calamaris.

Good luck and regards

Ada

Needles and cod? Squid every time. Save your prawn money and buy two boxes of squid, and double up on the bait. If you want to experiment, try a spoon on the trace, or vibrating balls (if you know what I mean).

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Don`t know what are vibrating in your pocket Salar but I hope I don`t have to take a soldering iron with me on the trip. lol.

Thanks for the info guys. I have always used double squid on a pennel rig from Bembridge, just this is the first time to the Needles for quite a few years.

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning