South West Marine Protection Areas

Elton

Steve,

The only RSA rep I can see on there is the BASS chairman. May be worth asking him what has been said so far:

http://www.finding-sanctuary.org/page/steering-group

Peter Macconnell represents the views of sea anglers. He is a keen recreational sea angler, fishing from the shore, from his own small boat and, occasionally, from charter vessels. For the last 10 years he has been involved in sea angling administration and politics; campaigning for bass conservation through the Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society (B.A.S.S.) of which, currently, he is the Chairman. He is also a member of the National Federation of Sea Anglers (N.F.S.A.) Conservation Group.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Steve,

The only RSA rep I can see on there is the BASS chairman. May be worth asking him what has been said so far:

Finding Sanctuary primarlily concerns the South West. I was refering to the meeting that took place in London within the last week or two, where these no fishing areas, nationally, were the hot topic.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Steve,

Elton,

Given your expert knowledge of MCZs and the South West, you might like to offer to the anglers in the area the benefit of your experience.

As it happens, in this particular instance, the views are being sought from all sections of the community, and not just those from recognised clubs and organisations. This issue is being debated at a perocial level and clubs are putting forward their views via their club elected officers etc.

Ryford

Ryford,

I have no expert knowledge of MCZ's and haven't visited the South West for quite a number of years. I don't think my input would be valid at all.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE