Wotton lakes, any information?

david t

Hello to all,

ive been reading dick walkers book 'walkers pitch', in it he talks about tench fishing on a lake called wotton lake, which is inbetween bicester and aylesbury in buckinghamshire, which he fished in the 60's and possibly 70's with the taylor brothers from aylesbury. i have also seen it mentioned very briefly on another website. i had spotted it previously on an local O.S map, but being on private land i cant really go and recce it. by my reckoning i think it is run on a syndicate basis. i am presently hunting done any information about it, so does anyone out there have any information on it, who runs it?

by the way walkers pitch is a very good book.

Thankyou to anyone who can help. dave. mailto:dmt3@aber.ac.ukdmt3@aber.ac.uk

Wotton Lakes are run as a syndicate by John Mason. They are beautiful lakes in beautiful surroundings and contain some very good fish. I have had pike to 25.5lbs there myself.

Access to the lakes is restricted and all gates around it are secured.

I will e-mail you John's address and if you contact him perhaps there will be a place for you there next season

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• 3 weeks later...
david t - did chevin's advice help you at all?
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I don't think that he considered it worthy of any recognition, he never even contacted me for John Mason's address. Perhaps he just expected me to e-mail him to save him the trouble of coming back here.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Happens a lot doesn't it. I have got to the point that I doubt if I will answer calls for help from people who are posting for the very first time.

'Perhaps he just expected me to e-mail him to save him the trouble of coming back here'

Chevin, you could have at least offered to take him there, show him the place and buy him a slap-up lunch on the way back. :)

Makes me mad too chevin. I once sat in on a thread started by a guy from Shepperton who was desperate to learn to fly fish. Pestered everyone for days about how to do it, where to go, who to talk to about gear, where to find an instructor. He lived about 5 minutes from my boat so I offered to show him how it all worked. No reply not even a 'kiss my hairy butt'

[ 08. March 2005, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

argyll:

Chevin, you could have at least offered to take him there, show him the place and buy him a slap-up lunch on the way back.     :)    

I never thought of that. He probably wouldn't have bothered to thank me for spending a total of 34 hours in a plane so that I could do it either! :rolleyes:

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...