Bite Alarms

peterpikefisher

Wychwood Extremis vt alarms

are they reliable / any good / or just run of the mill.

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

no answers so i take it no one rates them at all

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

I've no experience of the Wychwood alarms but I'd strongly recommend those from Good Fishing. They're British-made, very reliable and as you buy them direct from the manufacturer they're extremely good value for money.

The only downside is that they don't do a self-contained wireless model.

For further details go to http://www.goodfishing.i12.com/

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I bought a couple of the Good Fishing alarms last year, as Steve recommended them so highly. I can confirm that they work brilliantly, are waterproof, and can either be ear-splittingly loud or so quiet that you won't disturb other anglers. In addition, they're British-made and the batteries they use (9v) are cheaper than the ones my old Fox Micron needed.

:thumbs:

I too bought a GF alarm and have another on the way. I'm by no means an alarm connoisseur, but the GF alarms do everything I need of an alarm.

Geoff

[i've got three of the GF alarms and have never had any problems with them at all-despite heavy usage over three winters.I've only just replaced the original batteries!They are simple to use,robust and brilliant value.Can't recommend them highly enough.

i have a one GF my self + two pro-logic pucman's , i was asking because they were on offer with the IYCF the subscription is £36 and the alarms are almost £46 ,

i know that the mag don't buy them at this price . i will probably wait until the mag has a better offer before i subscribe

thanks for the replies

Pete.

Edited by peterpikefisher

cpranim.gif

they use (9v) are cheaper than the ones my old Fox Micron needed.

:thumbs:

Which are basic camera batteries which can be bought in pairs for £1.50. Hardly bank-breakers.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...