Sea Angling

MARTING

Is it just me or does anyone else out there think that as anglers we have forgotten that this is a hobby, activity,or sport!!. All this banter about RSA rod licence's and catch limit's are not an issue with people who like fishing as a HOBBY.

It seem's to me that quite a lot of people out there just want to go out and catch as much as they can.

Ok we all like to put a bit of fish in the freezer but if you catch enough practice catch and release and save some for the next time your out on a day's fishing.

Davy Holt fishes for Skate and put's every one back (AS ALL SKATE FISHERMEN SOULD) and treat's them with respect because it's the thrill of catching the big one not to butcher them for the table. The man has a high regard for the species. How many out there can say the same about Cod, Ling, or any other fish.

Guy's this is about a day out fishing enjoying the catch and the banter with other people you meet along the way not" let's get as many as we can regardless of size". I have seen guy's taking fish that are under size and when i have said they sould go back the reply is I HAVE PAID EX AMOUNT OF £'S TO COME HERE.

Remember the small one's are tommorow's big one's!!!

MARTING

You are right marting the powers that be are trying to make anglers into criminals for no good reason rod licenes baglimits, licenes on charterboats certain elements are splitting the angling community apart i dont honestly think they they have a clue with what destuction that they could cause into our sport, we are being hounded from all angles most anglers are consevation minded and want to return fish alive when ever they can especially small ones but there is nothing wrong with takeing fish home to eat whether it be cod ,ling, haddock,pollock or even mackeral if i was running a charterboat doing the same as davys i would be returning all the skate not only is it conservation minded but they grow bigger to catch another day that makes good sense.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

if i was running charterboat same as davys i would be returning all the skate not only is it conservation minded but they grow bigger to catch another day that makes good sense.

paul.

Hi Paul, Please note, Catchalot is NOT a charter boat mate...its a private boat, same as my wee Seahog..:)

There has been a lot of confusion about this, and it actually started a LOT of sniping, and name calling on other forums...When I got the Fish of The Week last year for my Common, I had to get the paper to print that fact in as well... .

He will take ANYONE out on a trip, no matter who, as long as they have a proper interest in Common Skate....but try and offer the guy money!! "No way Pedro" as Dell says..:)

In fact, thats how I met Davy, on here, and I was asked out for a trip..:) Took three days to get my first one...of 144lbs..:) Out the water, measured, pics taken, and returned, all in under3 mins..:) I got my first FOTW for that one..:) My daughter entered it without telling me..:) Anyway, after the trip, Alan Taylor and I both offered money to cover fuel etc.....and it was made clear in no uncertain manner...."No thanks guys"...

BTW, Congrats on yer TV bit, and very well done on keeping that fish...:), Get it right up 'em Mr Mannering!!! :D Wish i could say the same for that Prof tho'...:(

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/