sea trout???

me

what does a sea trout look like is it anything like a brown trout or a rainbow trout?? Also can i use my fly fishing gear for sea trout fishing?? :confused: :D:P:rolleyes:

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

not to confuse or go into a debate about the sea trouts origins a sea trout is the same shape as a brown trout but depending on how long it has been out of the sea its colour is bright silver .

as for your fly gear preferably 6-8# weight single handed trout rod will do the damage

Sea trout and Brown trout are both Salmo Trutta. When they enter saltwater they turn a super silver colour. I only fish for them in saltwater my self. Have caught them on fly, lure and also accidentally on mackerel using a beachcaster. It is interesting that the further you go north the greater the percentage of a given Trutta population "decides" to head for sea temporarily, this is generally due to food availability in freshwater and length of summer. Tackle wise for most venues normal trout gear is more than suffice, but some venues are well known for producing mid doubles and something with a bit more back bone may be required.

This is the month that the Sea Trout fishing from the sea start's up here on the Isle of Lewis

I'm trying to build myself up to be man enough to go out and try wetting a fly in the sea, but with the recent gales and snow falling as I speak - I just cant get myself going.

Also there are some small rivers/streams up here just now that have very good runs of Sea Trout.

Way the weather is just now, I may wait until March before I venture out :)

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com