Scolari Sacked

Elton

Bring back Jose Mourinho...

As much as i hate to say it...........I AGREE , 100%. The man was a breath of fresh air , however opinionated and controversial most of his comments and and statements were ........this man knew how to run a team.

Mr M (Man Utd supporter)

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

As much as i hate to say it...........I AGREE , 100%. The man was a breath of fresh air , however opinionated and controversial most of his comments and and statements were ........this man knew how to run a team.

Mr M (Man Utd supporter)

He was a breath of fresh air who gave the Premiership paranoia prevalent amongst managers (Geez! What quality aliteraation!) a real sense of respectability.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I think i may have been misunderstood so apologies raycab.

The point i was trying to prove was / is that money alone doesn't buy success. Look at it this way , Formula 1. You could invest a scandalous amount of money into researching a car , aerodynamics , tyres , whatever but, if you don't have the right driver then you aren't gonna win too much with a man who doesn't know how to steer it in the right direction.

The problem (i think) these days , with the flooding of big money buyers into clubs is that the owners want results NOW NOW NOW and if the results don't come then the owners see the manager as the first on the chopping block. I will hold my hands up and admit that a manager doesn't have much to do or say once the multi million pound players are running about in a match , it's down to the "superstars" to earn their money and prove themselves. What i do believe is that the manager instills the know how and confidence into them on the practice fields and at home too. Also a major factor would have to be buying the right player for the job too. Thats why you see a manager lasting 6 months to a year at best nowadays , somewhere along the line it is now seen as the norm to ditch the manager when everything is going wrong, but on the other side of the coin when things are going right and nothing could go wrong , the same man is a genius!!!

ray

No problem mr motorola. As a chelsea supporter i could never understand why they got rid of mourinho yes he was a big mouth and was arrogant said outrageous things but he was winner like fergie and wenga, but chelsea have a history for getting rid of good managers although i heard one report on sky sports news saying scholari would often turn up when the players had finished training and this was getting back to abramovich

ray

It'll be interesting to see what Guus Hiddinck does with Chelsea.

One thing's for certain, no two teams he's managed have ever played the same style of football.

It might make me want to start watching again. At present, the only clubs I watch are Stoke (for the fouls leading to red cards) and Gillingham, who seem to have started playing better since the chairman buggered off to Dubai.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine