Please help me!

Robert Mortimer

Thanks for your advice, I have already got a good one peice sute for boat fishing.

If any one could help me with any advice for boat fishing in Scotland, (Fife) , then that would be a great help, flies, rods, lines ect..

Thank you very much, Robert Mortimer

[ 07. April 2005, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Robert Mortimer ]

Your sitting beside several good fisheries, loch fitty is usually reliable, stenhouse the same , we fished beecraigs on sunday, its fishing well. The best way to start is with an intermediate line, a black lure on the tail, a white pattern in the middle and orange on the top . If your just starting use a single fly of each colour and countdown tillyouve fished from top to bottom. This is the easiest way to start , to branch out after youve got the rudiments of casting try and read afew books on nymph fishing , clarkes In pursuit of stillwater trout , is good . There are a couple of waters at kinross, heathery ford. easter ballado and of course if your a masacist loch leven,(my own favourite, what does that say about me??) Ian in the tackle shop on the pier will set you right, mention my name should get you banned!!!1 :D:D only jokeing. The only real way to learn is get out there and try, practice your casting on grass first its an expensive day to stand with your line around your ankles, unable to reach the fish, as i say start with an intermediateline slow retrieve general lure pattern, good luck and keep us in formed ,I live not to far away and fish most of the fife lochs so might be able to help with more specific advice in the future.

Thanks for your help jim doyle. I can now cast a good distance, just enough to get to the fish. I have a floating line & a medium sink line. Would this be o.k. I have a very good friend who has give me an asortment of 70 diffrent flies.

Thanks every one for there help.

Am going fishing to LochOre on Saturday, will keep you posted on how I got on.

Try the floater with a bung and three lures be neath it . if that fails after 1/2 an hour go to medium sinker till about luch time , countdown five at a time and rolly polly it back. if you see fish on the surface stick on three buzzers, black and orange, black and green and all black, good luck

Great advice Jim,I cannot add to it because it is not my neck of the woods. The best of luck Robert and can you please write up any reports,good or bad.

Got your fly line today Jim and will put it behind the bar tomorrow at Clashwhannon caravan park for tack4. Crossed out my name on the front and wrote on FAO Andrew Knott - 6'8" and handsome LOL.

Looking at the forcast not sure if I will have a bit fish this weekend. Plan B sounds more appealing - game of darts/cards/dominoes with my good lady in the pub. It is a good 30yds from my caravan.Have not forgotten the ear plugs Jim,next time I buy some will post you some. Catch ya later mate.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy