peterthefisherman

they were advucating a simple uni knot on rex hunt the last morning

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Nailknot is the easiest way to go but if you're expecting to go into the backing regularly (which can be a great way to lose the linings from the stripping rings with a nailknot) then splice the backing to the mainline core and whip finish with silk - looks prettier too and it's something to do when you're not fishing ;-)

Cheers,

Adz.

Get your EA rod licence here!

I always used nailknots, then switched to stripped the covering plastic at each end of the line then stitching and whipping to finish. The braided loop system is still in use at present but as I change lines I am gradually switching to the Albright knot as it is so simple and neat. Why I haven't used it before is a mystery. Take your time to tie it correctly and it is brilliant. No superglued fingers either.

Colin

A bit of narrow shrink tube,like Carp Anglers use, over an Albight or a Nail not takes care of most problems and it is easier than splicing.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.