Even the strong winds did not stop me

Roland Rahal

Fished at Wherwell lake nr Andover on Saturday.

The whole lake was rented for five anglers. Despite the very strong gusts of wind, the fishing was excellent, and all five anglers managed their limit of five fish each, and some even returned excess fish.

All the fish were Rainbows of between 2lb 8oz and 3lb14oz.

Will certainly go again before the end of the month.

Roland

Roland

WVDAA

Chuby, £37.50 for four fish.

Please note the fishery is quite popular and is limited to six anglers, so a call to Robby the bailiff (07771845841) is usually the way to check if it is full and save a wasted journey.

I have already booked three places for the 20th of this month, to go with a couple of friends.

Roland

WVDAA

What were you getting them on Roland?

I was out Sunday near Fordingbridge on a club water and the dry daddy was still doing the business. I took my 5 in four hours and returned 2 'red fish'.

I even fished with a 'hookless' fly for an hour or so to stretch it out.

Seems this cold wind has given the fish even more fight than normal - they all fought like tigers!

PS - Christchurch AC may be a £100 PA ticket, but with the amount of coarse water they have and the 2 trout venues @£14 for five fish (ave 2.5lb) it 'aint bad value.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Hi Tog,

A large majority of the trout were taken on Damsel nymphs, some on Buzzers, and some on dries.

I found that when fishing the buzzer fewer takes were converted to fish caught, the takes seemed to be very shy. However the takes for the damsel were at least positive and unmistakable.

Christchurch sounds like very good value for money, but I am afraid beyond my immediate area.

Roland

WVDAA